Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at Sears today. Regular price was:
$119.99 marked down to:
$107.99 then a 25% off coupon:

$80.99 plus tax.

Wheel Vehicle Toy

That's cheaper than the one at harbor freight.

2007 ElectraGlide
66,000 miles and counting!

·
Registered
12,075 Posts
I bought the Sears Yellow jack. When shopping I also looked at the Sears Red jack you are looking at. What swayed me to get the Yellow, which cost more, were the reviews of both the red and the yellow jacks. There were several negative reviews on the red but no bad reviews on the yellow. And when I got mine, maybe 2 years ago, the online price was $179.95 but in the Sears store they were $199.95. I asked the Sears manager if he would match the online price to make the sale and he did. Since I bought mine I have noticed the yellow jack often goes on sale.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I bought the Sears Yellow jack. When shopping I also looked at the Sears Red jack you are looking at. What swayed me to get the Yellow, which cost more, were the reviews of both the red and the yellow jacks. There were several negative reviews on the red but no bad reviews on the yellow. And when I got mine, maybe 2 years ago, the online price was $179.95 but in the Sears store they were $199.95. I asked the Sears manager if he would match the online price to make the sale and he did. Since I bought mine I have noticed the yellow jack often goes on sale.
I too have the yellow one. What also makes it nicer is it is aluminum framed, so it is light weight easy to maneuver.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the yellow one also, but for $80.99 plus tax, the red one was half the price of the yellow one. Just ordered my brake pads from J&P Cycles. I'm into my brake job for $170.00 which includes the jack. Next set of brakes will only cost me $75.00 to replace verses $390.00 at the dealership. Dealership wanted WAY too much for me to have to put up for three sets of pads and two hours of labor. I told the dealer nawwwww, I'll pass. Thanks anyway.

2007 ElectraGlide

·
Just Ride
3,888 Posts
Got two red ones. One was free. Brake pads on EBay, complete set of good pads for under $30.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Found this at Sears today. Regular price was:
$119.99 marked down to:
$107.99 then a 25% off coupon:

$80.99 plus tax.

View attachment 361233

That's cheaper than the one at harbor freight.

2007 ElectraGlide
That will work. Just pay attention to your balance points.

--

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
some times i need one of those type jacks. i have the harbor freight high life and love it. but it would be nice to have that yellow one for simple jobs just to be able to move it around a bit. really want the table life too. but $$$ are a problem for me this year. grrr

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I went with J&S. Costs more, but I have 0 complaints and it rolls around in every direction.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,211 Posts
I bought the Sears lift a few years ago. Works great, but the welds on the handle were something like I would have made....broke off and need to be redone.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Doesn't one need to use the tie downs on the Sears products, but the J&E is so stable you cant unbalance it even with an entire wheel assembly off and don't need the tie downs?

I like the price on the yellow jack but will probably go with the J&E for safety.

Any thoughts yea or nay???

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,211 Posts
Joe, I never used the tie downs when using mine because it seemed stable enough for me to do whatever I was doing, and it never fell off any of the times I used it.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Doesn't one need to use the tie downs on the Sears products, but the J&E is so stable you cant unbalance it even with an entire wheel assembly off and don't need the tie downs?

I like the price on the yellow jack but will probably go with the J&E for safety.

Any thoughts yea or nay???
I can actually sit on my bike on the J&S. It would be hard to unbalance it. Had another jack before that I gave away. too difficult to get it balanced and bike came off one time, that was it for me.

80.00 is a good price for this jack though

·
Poser Member # 99
18,339 Posts
I had 2 of them sold one to the neighbor. I use mine on my cub cadet when I'm sharpening blades or taking the Deck off the 2nd on I got had 2 holes in the cross bars so I made up a fixture to set in the hole to pick the front of my cub .

·
Registered
12,075 Posts
I never use the ratcheting tie down straps that came with my Sears yellow jack. First time using it I was wondering about the straps and, even with a towel or two for cushioning, I don't like the straps going across my paint. But I rarely ever get my RG more than an inch or two off the ground and it seems stable enough for my cleaning, checking and adding air, etc., so I will likely never use the straps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts