Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a thrift store today and they had a nice traditional motorcycle leather jacket with the zippers, snap down lapels and built in liner. I didn't notice a anufacturers name on it till I got home. There was a black leather tag on the inside and it had the Harley emblem embossed in the tag. That was the only Harley Identification on the Jacket. The jacket seems old but is in excellent condition. Did Harley produce a jacket with only the emblem embossed in the black leather tag?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went to a thrift store today and they had a nice traditional motorcycle leather jacket with the zippers, snap down lapels and built in liner. I didn't notice a anufacturers name on it till I got home. There was a black leather tag on the inside and it had the Harley emblem embossed in the tag. That was the only Harley Identification on the Jacket. The jacket seems old but is in excellent condition. Did Harley produce a jacket with only the emblem embossed in the black leather tag?
Does it identify where it was made?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know of any Harley tags that were made of leather. Unless I'm mistaken, aren't they black cloth of some type? Regardless, I always enjoy seeing "Made in USA". :)

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
678 Posts
If you want to sell that please let me know. :D

·
Retired citizen
23,889 Posts
I still have my original Harley leathers, 50 + yrs. old yet. It sure doesn't fit me well but I still have it, missing the kidney belt. The waist belt is the shoulder strap for my '66 Strat !

Reactions: FartBoy

·
Registered
192 Posts
I still have my original Harley leathers, 50 + yrs. old yet. It sure doesn't fit me well but I still have it, missing the kidney belt. The waist belt is the shoulder strap for my '66 Strat !
That's one thing that really does get better with age, and appreciates in value. My wife bought me a Schott Perfecto jacket in 2007...placed some NOS vintage Harley patches on it. Was $400.00 then, now they are over $800. Never will part with it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's one thing that really does get better with age, and appreciates in value. My wife bought me a Schott Perfecto jacket in 2007...placed some NOS vintage Harley patches on it. Was $400.00 then, now they are over $800. Never will part with it though.
Give me an offer.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
678 Posts
Not to be unethical but you have to have 30 (IIRC) posts before selling in the classifieds, so PM me or anyone about selling it. I hope that is OK. Mods? What say ye?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts