Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What features should i have to consider when looking to buy a motorcycle leather suit. Should i have to prefer one piece suit or two piece suit. What are the armor options which provides extra protection on race track.

·
Registered
257 Posts
An intro as to what you are riding would be helpful. I'm trying to visualize the last Harley rider I saw wearing full leathers racing at the race track.........nope nothing appearing....Are you sure this is the forum for you?

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Sounds like a 12 year old that just got done watching road races on TV.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
You are logged into a forum where most of the members avoid wearing a helmet, never mind race leathers. If you are serious about racing, you might want to spend some time at your local track and talk to the riders there about race gear.

Pete

What features should i have to consider when looking to buy a motorcycle leather suit. Should i have to prefer one piece suit or two piece suit. What are the armor options which provides extra protection on race track.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Spammer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An intro as to what you are riding would be helpful. I'm trying to visualize the last Harley rider I saw wearing full leathers racing at the race track.........nope nothing appearing....Are you sure this is the forum for you?
Is there is any rule that a Harley rider can't wear a leather suit. If yes then show me that law book.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are logged into a forum where most of the members avoid wearing a helmet, never mind race leathers. If you are serious about racing, you might want to spend some time at your local track and talk to the riders there about race gear.

Pete
Ok I was thinking that bikers either they are riding Harley or any other bike is like a family and any thing can be asked related to motorcycle but i was wrong you people are looking to criticize someone who haven't made his first ride yet.

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Ok I was thinking that bikers either they are riding Harley or any other bike is like a family and any thing can be asked related to motorcycle but i was wrong you people are looking to criticize someone who haven't made his first ride yet.

No need to get butthurt over it. Most Harley guys will not wear a helmet or full leathers for one reason or another.
Blue jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket and maybe chaps if it is cold.

There is NO rule on the books about HD guys wearing or not wearing full body suits.
It is just not done in our world...:biker:

·
Asylum Inmate
11,741 Posts

Alpine stars GP Pro is what I wear on track days in Utah. It is not mine I happen to be the same size as my buddy that races. But he claims they are best. Never crashed so I don't know.

I wear a one piece with the hard parts and a back slide.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1421323603.690176.jpg

The trailer gets some looks at the race track.

·
Wayward Son
23,314 Posts
No rule about full leather`s.
But as you have been told, we are a bit of a different Breed. A subculture of the motorcycle subculture.
Helmets or not. A leather jacket mostly. Some may have body armor, or not
Seeing as how you ride a Honda am a bit surprised that you took the time to sign up on a Harley Forum, basically Street Riders with a few Drag Racers, to ask a question.
A probably the one and only type of question the two bikes\Owners may have in common.
You would have used us like a $2.00 whore and tossed us out when you had had your way.

:sad I feel so cheap. :(

·
Banned
71 Posts
No rule about full leather`s.
But as you have been told, we are a bit of a different Breed. A subculture of the motorcycle subculture.
Helmets or not. A leather jacket mostly. Some may have body armor, or not
Seeing as how you ride a Honda am a bit surprised that you took the time to sign up on a Harley Forum, basically Street Riders with a few Drag Racers, to ask a question.
A probably the one and only type of question the two bikes\Owners may have in common.
You would have used us like a $2.00 whore and tossed us out when you had had your way.

:sad I feel so cheap. :(
As well you should. :fitz

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know this is an old thread but when it comes to gear to wear I had an interesting experience recently. Returning from Puerto Peñasco my second day was San Bernardino to Ukiah, +/- 600 miles. Bright sunny day but cool and a nasty wind out of the north. MPG was down to 22 or so, running 80 in 5th. Could not hold it in 6th. But what amazed me was staying as bundled as I was for the entire ride, I was as fresh at the end as I have ever been at 600 miles. Makes you think about how to dress in warmer temps to keep fresh. Just sayin...

·
Banned
71 Posts
I know this is an old thread but when it comes to gear to wear I had an interesting experience recently. Returning from Puerto Peñasco my second day was San Bernardino to Ukiah, +/- 600 miles. Bright sunny day but cool and a nasty wind out of the north. MPG was down to 22 or so, running 80 in 5th. Could not hold it in 6th. But what amazed me was staying as bundled as I was for the entire ride, I was as fresh at the end as I have ever been at 600 miles. Makes you think about how to dress in warmer temps to keep fresh. Just sayin...
It's called deodorant ..... just sayin . :devil

1 - 20 of 34 Posts