Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to rent a bike in Las Vegas and I came across these guys. They have locations all over the country. EagleRider

Does anyone have any experience renting bikes from these guys or does anyone have any tips in general renting bikes?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ed... Have rented H-D's numerous times. Most of the time I rent through the authorized H-D network. Can find the many locations at the H-D website under "Get on a Bike", then "Try a Bike". I've come across many riding in the west on Eagle Rider rentals and they're having a good rental experience. If I have a slight Eagle Ride hesitation it is I've seen some of their rentals and the bikes look "well ridden". The authorized H-D program retires bikes after a certain number of miles, and I've never had a high mile bike.

Haven't compared the costs between these two options lately. Would also note if you are a HOG member, they have authorized rentals at various locations as well, and their rates are very low -- a benefit of being a HOG member.

·
1,077 Posts
Use them (Eagle Rider)every time we make it out to Vegas. Great to deal with, never had a problem. In fact the bikes were always current year in great shape as opposed to the one time I did a "Fly & Ride" in Hawaii, stripped down worn out Road King.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
My experience with rentals is not recent... did a Fly and Ride to San Francisco in '96 and had an E-Glide Classic for a long weekend... the folks in the shop were very friendly and helpful, the bike was freshly washed... I don't remember the mileage but had zero complaints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done a couple of HOG Fly & Rides, one of them out of Vegas. I highly recommend it, the bikes are in good shape (owned by HOG) and set up nice for longer rides, tour pack, back rest, etc. I learned to bring along a set of highway pegs and a RAM mount for my GPS. You rent directly through HOG and it's only $100 per day, although they do have a two day minimum. Another nice thing, you can pick your bike up in the morning and return late in the day on your return day and not be charged for the extra day, i.e., pick up Monday AM, ride Mon, Tues, Weds, return Weds. PM and only pay for two days!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I think I will put my HOG membership to good use.
The dealership is within walking distance to my Hotel. Now which bike to ride.........

Hey 98, Good to know that they are good to deal with. Seems like a great way to try some other brands out too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys from work on a union convention used Eagle Riders to rent bikes in Vegas. One of the guys had a small fender bender and all was taken care of with the insurance he bought from them. Said they would rent from them again....

Trucky911

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Go find LLKoolKurt. He was renting when we were in LV last month. He can probably give you all the skinny you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts