Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 iron 883. Any recommendations with product links please , on mounts that work well for cell phone? Just want something simple for GPS. Looking for recommendations based on a mount you have used, holds well and doesn’t vibrate a ton. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,600 Posts
Ciro3D. I prefer the Ball Mirror Mount to go with it, Get the one with charging capability.

They also have a version with wireless charging capability, but I've had issues with mine. Not sure if it's the charger, or it just doesnt like my Pixel 3 XL. The one linked above has been flawless though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ciro3D. I prefer the Ball Mirror Mount to go with it, Get the one with charging capability.

They also have a version with wireless charging capability, but I've had issues with mine. The one linked above has been flawless though.
This is the only phone holder our Harley dealer will sell.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,955 Posts
Every "MotoVlogger" is dick-hard for the Rokform mount, but I think that's because Rokform sponsors everyone so they can get their name out there. From what I saw, with Rokform, you have to use their case to use it and they only make cases for Samsung and iPhone, or you have to get their universal phone thing that you stick to your non-Samsung/iPhone phone with 3M tape. What if you have a phone they make a case for but don't like their case? What if you get a new phone, now you need a new universal adapter, which adds bulk to the phone with a thing sticking out that can get caught on stuff?

To me, that's a hard pass.

In my opinion, a good mount should be able to hold any phone with any case, as long as it's within the maximum dimensions of the holder.

I never used the Ciro mount, so I can't comment on that. I have a Ram Mount X-Grip and it's been great. Used it for years now and even the rubber tether thing is still in good shape. Only down-side is that the rubber bumper feet on the X mount are easily knocked off sometimes and get lost. I dunno if they have options that include phone charging. I had previously used their old-style quick grip, but I wouldn't recommend that one, the X-Grip is better. Though, it's a lot harder to one-handed mount your phone in the X-Grip compared to other types of mounts.

Reactions: Jpeluso8 and RJ64

·
Registered
Mr. James
2,732 Posts
Every "MotoVlogger" is dick-hard for the Rokform mount, but I think that's because Rokform sponsors everyone so they can get their name out there. From what I saw, with Rokform, you have to use their case to use it and they only make cases for Samsung and iPhone, or you have to get their universal phone thing that you stick to your non-Samsung/iPhone phone with 3M tape. What if you have a phone they make a case for but don't like their case? What if you get a new phone, now you need a new universal adapter, which adds bulk to the phone with a thing sticking out that can get caught on stuff?

In my opinion, a good mount should be able to hold any phone with any case, as long as it's within the maximum dimensions of the holder.

I never used the Ciro mount, so I can't comment on that. I have a Ram Mount X-Grip and it's been great. Used it for years now and even the rubber tether thing is still in good shape. Only down-side is that the rubber bumper feet on the X mount are easily knocked off sometimes and get lost. I dunno if they have options that include phone charging. I had previously used their old-style quick grip, but I wouldn't recommend that one, the X-Grip is better. Though, it's a lot harder to one-handed mount your phone in the X-Grip compared to other types of mounts.
I been using the RAM mounts for many years. Very good .

Reactions: Jpeluso8

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,600 Posts

I used to have the Ram Mount X-Grip, still have it actually. Didnt like it.
No charging options on the Ram that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've used the ram mount for years with no issues.
Sardonicus, I CA glued the rubber thingies on.
Actually, once I wasn't paying attention and only clipped my phone into 3 clips and only grabbed the tip of the 4th.
Rode for about 10 miles before I noticed and had a heart attack. 😁

Reactions: Kainam and Jpeluso8

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,600 Posts
Sorry. Yeah looks like this mounts to mirror stem.. so wondering if would still work if my mirrors are inverted under bars ..
Yeah. You'd still put the mount on the top side though cause you'd want to tilt the phone slightly up so that you could see it. If the mount was on the bottom, the handle bars would interfere with you tilting the phone up.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,955 Posts
The Ciro looks easier to put a phone into than the RAM X-mount. I got my X-mount before Ciro had a phone mount.

I double checked the RAM mounts and they do have some that can charge, but only wireless charging and my phone doesn't have wireless charging.

The other thing about the X mount... because my phone is in the wind, I don't trust the mount to hold it by itself, so I also use the rubber tether that comes with it. The rubber tether thing has held up well, but there's a disadvantage to it... it blocks the corners, one of which is right where my battery life is indicated. Another disadvantage of the X mount is with my current phone (Google Pixel 4a 5G), the power and volume buttons are on the same side (dumb design imo), so the top right arm of the X mount needs to go in between the power and volume up button, which is a little bit of a pain.

My recommendation would be to go with the Ciro mount. Looks like you could put your phone on one-handed and much more easily (not something you can do with the RAM X-mount, you need two hands to put it on and two hands to put on the tether). Plus with the Ciro, it won't occlude any of the screen.

·
Registered
2018 FLHCS 114ci, Woods 22x, Powervision, D&D Fatcat
73 Posts
Taotronics. $13 on Amazon and adjustable to any phone. Very sturdy and no issues. I run a usb thru it to my phone.
YouTube it, there are videos for it ... sorry I don't have the link to send to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey all thanks for all the replies. Lot of mounts to check out. Last question, are there any mounts you’d recommend for the handlebars? I just am thinking they look more low profile and can come on / off when not needed. The resovoir / brake and mirror mounts are permanent for the most part. But if the handle bars clamp mounts damage the bars or just don’t work well I’m not going to go there!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey all thanks for all the replies. Lot of mounts to check out. Last question, are there any mounts you’d recommend for the handlebars? I just am thinking they look more low profile and can come on / off when not needed. The resovoir / brake and mirror mounts are permanent for the most part. But if the handle bars clamp mounts damage the bars or just don’t work well I’m not going to go there!
Ciro makes one. Chrome or black.
I just bought a Ciro but did not get the bar mount clamp model.
Phone stays put at 90 mph.
I will post pics tonight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts