Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,599 Posts
I think the Ciro3D is the most streamlined version when in use compared to the perch mount.

My Pixel 3 XL covers up some of the buttons when using the perch mount.

Reactions: Jpeluso8

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,955 Posts
Hey all thanks for all the replies. Lot of mounts to check out. Last question, are there any mounts you’d recommend for the handlebars? I just am thinking they look more low profile and can come on / off when not needed. The resovoir / brake and mirror mounts are permanent for the most part. But if the handle bars clamp mounts damage the bars or just don’t work well I’m not going to go there!
I have mine clamped to the bar. I chose that route as a perch mount would have put it up too high for me. For my RAM, I got the U clamp bar mount, and it doesn't move at all, it's damn secure.

Pretty much any bar clamp has the potential to cause some scarring on the bars, even RAM's claw grip.

You could always try a thin piece of shelf liner or something, or maybe wrap the clamp spot with some blue painter's tape, but you can't go too thick with it.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about marring the bars, they're not super expensive (relatively speaking), and if you were thinking of resell value, nobody's really going to kick the tires over a small mark on the bars, they'd probably change them anyway. Plus, you'll probably just leave the mount on the bars all the time anyway, so if there were a mark, you'd never see it.

Reactions: Jpeluso8

·
Banned
5 Posts
Every "MotoVlogger" is dick-hard for the Rokform mount, but I think that's because Rokform sponsors everyone so they can get their name out there. From what I saw, with Rokform, you have to use their case to use it and they only make cases for Samsung and iPhone, or you have to get their universal phone thing that you stick to your non-Samsung/iPhone phone with 3M tape. What if you have a phone they make a case for but don't like their case? What if you get a new phone, now you need a new universal adapter, which adds bulk to the phone with a thing sticking out that can get caught on stuff?

To me, that's a hard pass.

In my opinion, a good mount should be able to hold any phone in any case, as long as it's within the maximum dimensions of the holder.

I never used the Ciro mount, so I can't comment on that. I have a Ram Mount X-Grip and it's been great. Used it for years now and even the rubber tether thing is still in good shape. The only downside is that the rubber bumper feet on the X mount are easily knocked off sometimes and get lost. I dunno if they have options that include phone charging. I had previously used their old-style quick grip, but I wouldn't recommend that one, the X-Grip is better. Though, it's a lot harder to one-handed mount your phone in the X-Grip compared to other types of mounts. phone case supplier
Has anyone found a really good mounting solution for a cell phone that keeps it in a fairly easy-to-view location? Prefer no drilling, no duct tape, no screws, etc.
I have an iPhone XS Max.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,599 Posts
Has anyone found a really good mounting solution for a cell phone that keeps it in a fairly easy-to-view location? Prefer no drilling, no duct tape, no screws, etc.
I have an iPhone XS Max.
No. Nobody has ever thought of a phone mount without drilling holes in your handlebars.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,955 Posts
Ooo that was some sneaky spam, hiding it in a quote.

Reactions: Kainam
21 - 28 of 28 Posts