Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys done this? I purchased a gun vault nano for my carry gun when I am in a place where I cannot carry. It has a cable that attaches in itself so it cannot be carried off. I have to wrap the cable around something so I was thinking of drilling either the bottom or lower back part of a saddle bag. Has anybody done something similar? Should I seal the hole once the cable is through? Any opinions or ideas would be great.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I don't know if I would drill a hole in my saddle bag....can you attach some how to the pin where your bag goes on some how ?

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I would think a hook of some kind could be drilled and attached to the bottom of the bag. Nobody sees the bottom.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I bet Ace Hardware has a stainless steel u bolt, lock washers and nuts.

I wouldn't worry too much about water getting in if its in the bottom and you drill the hole an appropriate size.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Poser Member # 99
17,549 Posts
a carrige bolt and a fender washer they are a bigger diamiter and then another fender washer and a nyloc nut . thru the bottom of the bag Ace Hardware or any big box store will have them . I use solar seal it's a rubber chaulk used for rubber roof . It's all I use for any thing out side now instead of silicone. Solar seal is sold at lumber yards mostly I dont know if Lowes Or Home Depot has it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts