Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage should I anticipate getting riding my 2007 Queen on mostly country roads, no hills, with just a bit of stop and go through a few citified areas? I rarely go much over 55 mph.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Lil,
A riding buddy of mine has a Road King and rides a bit faster than that and gets about 42 mpg on roads like that. On the highway he has gotten 46 mpg.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lil,
A riding buddy of mine has a Road King and rides a bit faster than that and gets about 42 mpg on roads like that. On the highway he has gotten 46 mpg.
So he's doing just about as good as a Toyota Prius.:)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Very green indeed. Let some others with real ride time in the saddle chime in though. My info is second hand.

·
1,078 Posts
I seem to average 49 mpg
Mostly solo, stage one and I don't baby the speedo.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Thanks gentlemen.
Does anyone ever get over 50?
Yep, 50-56 but only highway and I guess it depends on how I'm riding on that tank :rolleyes:-don't lol but wind direction has alot to do with it. Otherwise 40-44 again depending on riding mood. 06 RKC w/RH true duals, high flow filter and a re-map

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I get the wind impact. I wonder if there is a calculation to determine RPMs at certain speeds in relation to wind velocity and direction. If not, there ought to be.:)

·
Steve
262 Posts
I'm normally in the 45 MPG range but did get 50+ once when I fueled up in Truckee CA and rode to Sacramento................net elevation drop of 7,500 feet. :ride

·
old scoot coot
4,300 Posts
What kind of gas mileage should I anticipate getting riding my 2007 Queen on mostly country roads, no hills, with just a bit of stop and go through a few citified areas? I rarely go much over 55 mph.
my 2010 rkc 96 gets a consistant 42mpg running hard. i would think the way you ride should do better on yours.:biking:

·
Registered
40,786 Posts
7 year old thread. :nod

·
Registered
40,786 Posts
He may have taken the "Zombie Thread Master" title away from XL1200R

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Premium is $2.29 in Houston. I quit counting. The OP sold his scoot and bought a Chevy Astro Van.

·
Registered
751 Posts
At least he is searching. What is everybody bitching about???

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Yea, need a little more Christmas Spirit around here.....:cheers

1 - 20 of 37 Posts