Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Denise and I took off from Vancouver today. Rode past Portland and out Hwy 224 along the Clackamas River to Ripplebrook. Cut across forest service roads to Timothy Lake and Skyline Rd. Hit Hwy 26 and came back home through Gresham and I-84. Beautiful ride, but did hit about a 10 mile stretch of gravel road that I could swear was pavement last time I road it, 20 years ago. Anyway, nice 175 mile ride through the Mt. Hood national forest.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Looks like you all had a good ride. Our weather is breaking and I hope to be riding Tuesday when temps will be up--but likely rain coming in for Wed. & Thur. At least our area seems to have shaken off the last of winter. Bout time.

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is temperate enough here that you can ride year round. Unfortunately, it rains pretty much 8 months out of the year.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Looks like a good ride. Hoping our weather breaks soon.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,449 Posts
That's a ride that has been on my to do list (not necessarily from Vancouver, but that run around Hood is reported to be awesome. Next trip out west, I'll include it on the itinerary. Hope maybe to hit it this summer...next for sure.

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Looks like an epic ride! Really miss the Pacific NW (lived in Portland for 2 years and Camas, WA for a year). Such beautiful country up there. Last time I was in the area I rented a Road King just to ride up the Columbia Gorge.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1427986219.089419.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts