Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference?
I've noticed that the "MT" tires are a few $$ cheaper but I cant figure out what (if any) difference there is between the two.

Also...Has anyone her had any real world experience with the off brand tires? namely the Kenda and Duro brands.

95 FXDL with cast wheels if it makes a difference.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Has anyone her had any real world experience with the off brand tires? namely the Kenda and Duro brands.
Kenda tires are usually cheaper, lower cost tires that don't last. You get what you pay for....

Chen Shin is another brand. The funny part is, Chen Shin is a larger company then Good Year.

·
SwampRat
836 Posts
Kenda tires are usually cheaper, lower cost tires that don't last. You get what you pay for....

Chen Shin is another brand. The funny part is, Chen Shin is a larger company then Good Year.

When comes to Tires I might shop for a bargain on the Right Tire Such as Dunlop, Metz, Avon.. But am particular what I buy with only 2 wheels keeping me off the ground .. Check the Dates too..

·
Banned
18,203 Posts
I have a Kenda on the back of my fatboy right now. it isn't lasting all too long, but has held up longer than most thought it would.

but on a sportster, it could last for a hell of a lot longer.

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
When I was young and had my first Harley , a '64 XLCH , I put some Cheng Shin tires from JC Whitney on it as that was all I could afford. After several near fatal wipe-outs in rain and rough roads , I realized that good tires ain't expensive , they're priceless. I will NEVER ride on cheap Chinese tires. And after a few years of club level (WERA) and AMA road racing (mandatory street legal tires) , I will NEVER run anything but Dunlop or Metzler tires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well folks, I ended up mounting a set of Kenda K671's. They have 4+ stars on all the mc tire websites and I haven't read any -reviews for them.
They probably wont last as long as the milestones that came off the bike since the compound seems soft.
Gonna put around 2500 miles on them going from NC to Chicago next week so I will let you guys know how they wear.
So far (about 120 mi) they handle and ride very good.

BTW....$112 for the set, so if I can get 3500 out of the rear they are paid for....if not I will chalk it up to another lesson learned and go with the Metz 880's next time.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Good to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well folks, I ended up mounting a set of Kenda K671's. They have 4+ stars on all the mc tire websites and I haven't read any -reviews for them.
They probably wont last as long as the milestones that came off the bike since the compound seems soft.
Gonna put around 2500 miles on them going from NC to Chicago next week so I will let you guys know how they wear.
So far (about 120 mi) they handle and ride very good.

BTW....$112 for the set, so if I can get 3500 out of the rear they are paid for....if not I will chalk it up to another lesson learned and go with the Metz 880's next time.
To me it's more the work of changing the tires than the cost of the tire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.