Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yaaay! The Large Blue Barge is over at Chicago Harley, being fussed over and fitted out with a race tuner and dyno work! All those shiny, pretty performance parts she's accumulated over the years will finally be pulled together so she will be ALL that she can BE!:eek:

I had been concerned that the Power Commander had done something bad to the ECM but found out that her engine light issues stemmed from faulty cam and bank angle sensors.

Now, all I need are some SS brake lines...:ride

Good-bye, 25 MPG! Hellooo, good times!:dance

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The good news is...she's running much smoother (and hopefully leaner) now. Didn't have time to stretch her legs too far so won't know about the gas mileage until we're actually on the road. She's got a sweet bottom-end and midrange, but then things fall off pretty radically, although the BF said he couldn't keep up light-to-light.

I'm not happy with the numbers from the dyno's tale (92/72 = fairly good torque but comically little HP). And since I don't know EXACTLY how the heads were machined, it's gonna be more of a challenge to complete her development (either Mike takes 'em apart and scopes out the tolerances, or I come up with another set for him to machine hisself). In the 7 years that have passed since the headwork was done, the TC knowledge base has grown exponentially... it shouldn't be that hard to build a reliable, durable 96" motor that can produce triple-digit outputs. Or maybe that IS my neck sticking out from under my butt-cheeks. :)

He favors a different cam... I'm thinking, if I have to swap cams, might as well do the gear drive. Or maybe I should just save my pennies and get some more 'cubes this winter... AND a six-speed.

In the meantime...

87 MORE HOURS UNTIL STURGIS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
In the 7 years that have passed since the headwork was done, the TC knowledge base has grown exponentially... it shouldn't be that hard to build a reliable, durable 96" motor that can produce triple-digit outputs.
Theres several 96" bikes pushing triple digits over at http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/

Look for advice from HDWrench, and GROCK.

Stats from HDWrench's bike:
02 Deuce
640 stick
White Bros E-Pipe
54MM TB
159/163

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
I'm not happy with the numbers from the dyno's tale (92/72 = fairly good torque but comically little HP).
Im assuming the 92 is your torque? If so, Im guessing it is peaking out around 3000 RPM which is where you would want it for a bagger, right at cruising speed, so that all you have to do to pass someone is get on the gas, instead of dropping down a gear or two.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Nice! You better keep the rear end of your bike clean. Thats the only part of your bike your friends will see now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts