6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hunt morel mushrooms??:eek:uttahere:

Attachments

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Psychadellic, man!

Nah, I know what they are. I don't eat shrooms in food or by themselves, unless they are on supreme pizza and I can't taste them. :laugh

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I have friends that hunt them (and do quite well), but personally, I try not to intentionally put fungus in my mouth.

·
Registered
38,907 Posts
I haven't been Morel hunting in ages, but they are awesome!

You can get them at the farmer's market when in season here in KC.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I love mushrooms. All kinds and in all food. Can't say that I've ever had a Morel. I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
38,907 Posts
I love mushrooms. All kinds and in all food. Can't say that I've ever had a Morel. I'll have to check it out.
They only grow in the wild this time of year, and in fall....
Right when it starts getting warm enough to not freeze at night, and not so warm that the heat kills em off (less than 70° during the day). You'll find them near dead elm, oak, walnut trees etc...

Slice em in half length wise, soak em in water to wash them off, egg wash and seasoned flour, fry em up in butter and feast! :drool

http://morelhunters.com/

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've tried them and they're alright, guys I work with are crazy about them. I have a co-worker takes vacation time when ever they start to pop up! He finds more then anyone else I know,but hunts them more!!

several people finding them around me(north ark) just in last few days!!

I went with a friend to his cousins farm last year, found so many we would go back everyday and get more and sell them!!!

Felt like we were ripping people off.....we were selling bags ( they said 1 gallon?) for 40 to 50 bucks!! but many came back for more!!

It was funny, they call, we meet in front of gas station or in front of Wal-Mart......pissst you got the shrooms...yeah man check em" out......how much ?...$40 bucks a bag!!......cool I'll take three!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yupp we sure do, up here we go to a burn site (forest fire) and pick like crazy, ya gotta watch out for the asians, they get very pushy..
oh, at $50- a gallon they are getting a screamin deal

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I miss not having a place to go pick them. When I was a kid we would pick a walmart bag full of them every day we went out. We always found the most and the biggest near sycamore trees.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Looks like we have a "Morel" dilemma on our hands...

·
Registered
38,907 Posts
I have friends that hunt them (and do quite well), but personally, I try not to intentionally put fungus in my mouth.
Here's a partial list of foods that you should avoid then:

Soy Sauce
Cheeses
Breads - both leavened and unleavened
Wine
Beer
Dry Cured Meats

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Here's a partial list of foods that you should avoid then:

Soy Sauce
Cheeses
Breads - both leavened and unleavened
Wine
Beer
Dry Cured Meats
You forgot Rotten Broccoli...

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
yupp we sure do, up here we go to a burn site (forest fire) and pick like crazy, ya gotta watch out for the asians, they get very pushy..
oh, at $50- a gallon they are getting a screamin deal
That's why I carry concealed when I go shroomin around these parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts