Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Road King Classic 2008 (105th ann.)
But after a few rides my wife is complaining about the seat.
Now am I looking for a more comfortable seat.
I think I reduced the choice to the Mustang one-piece touring seat (partnr : 76206) or the new Sundowner seat for the RKC (partnr : 52093-08).

What I read is that the Mustang seat is the better one but from the pictures I like the look of the Sundowner more.

Has anyone had any expericence with these seats or can you advice me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Ernst.

I have the Mustang solo seat and 14" passenger pillion to go along with it. I love this seat and can't say enough about the comfort of it. The Solo is just like the seat part number you gave only half of what you want. I like the option of a single seat when my better half isn't along for the ride. When she is, her choice haven ridden both the stock seat and Mustang seat is the Mustang also. My original stock seat was a joke the way it was made with a plastic seat pan. The tongue actually pulled out of the stock seat. I can't say what the quality is like on the Sundowner. I've never had the chance to look one over before. You may want to have a close look at one if you can before you decide.
My only warning on the Mustang is you will sit about an inch high in the saddle.

I ordered my seat from Cyclespot.com and had it arrive and on the bike in less than a week. You will get a better price here VS. buying direct from the MFG.

Good luck in whatever you choose to go with and let us know how it turns out.

Edge

·
Banned
65 Posts
I replaced the stock seat on my 08 RGwith a Sundowner. I replaced that with a Mustang. The Sundowner is good for aroend 400 mi per day, at times my wife and I ride considerably more than that. The Sundowner is in need of a new home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts