Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 sportster iron 883 and I'm looking to upgrade the seat to something more comfortable for longer rides. I found a mustang wide touring vintage seat that sounds great but I'm thinking I want to switch to a 4.5 gallon tank here soon down the road. How do I make sure if the new seat will fit with a 4.5 gallon fuel tank? I tried a search and read a lot about seats but failed to find a answer for this question.

Thanks.
Chad

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
I have a 2015 sportster iron 883 and I'm looking to upgrade the seat to something more comfortable for longer rides. I found a mustang wide touring vintage seat that sounds great but I'm thinking I want to switch to a 4.5 gallon tank here soon down the road. How do I make sure if the new seat will fit with a 4.5 gallon fuel tank? I tried a search and read a lot about seats but failed to find a answer for this question.

Thanks.
Chad
Call Mustang. They know anything there is to know about fitment. They won't steer you wrong.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Just go to the mustang webpage and look up sportster seats. the chart shows some seats for the 4.5 tank. you can buy the seat before you buy the tank, but there will be a little gap between your seat an tank. The 4.5 tank is a little longer.

Seats : Mustang

·
Registered
685 Posts
my brother put a mustang seat on his 07 883 last weekend so far he loves it. i jumped on the bike it feels pretty good .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the website but that didn't help much, haha. I guess I'll just have to call and ask them over the phone what options I have available. There's a couple local guys that do custom seats that I might be able to have them work over my stock seat and make it how I want it also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Mustang Wide touring seat on my 2015 XL1200C it is super comfortable for me and my wife. I am sure you will be happy with the Mustang seat.

·
Registered
272 Posts
+1 on the Mustang wide touring. Put this on the Fatty and it was so comfortable I bought another for the Streetglide. Like sitting on a big pillow and looks great ta'boot.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Went to the website but that didn't help much, haha. I guess I'll just have to call and ask them over the phone what options I have available. There's a couple local guys that do custom seats that I might be able to have them work over my stock seat and make it how I want it also.
What is it you wanted to know, you have one seat for the peanut tank and another for the 4.5 tank. The web site shows which is which. If you want to put a 4.5 tank on it......buy that seat, it will fit with the peanut tank. Then later on buy the bigger tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the 4.5 gallon tank will be quite a ways down the road but I would like to do the mustang wide seat with backrest and according to their website (I entered my model to find matching seats that will fit) none of the seats on their website would fit the 2015 883 iron. I'm thinking the website just hasn't been updated to include 2015 year models but I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I think I've read enough positive reviews to have made up my mind on the mustang wide solo seat with adjustable backrest. I just wanna make sure when I fork out the money for it that I'm ordering the correct one that will fit my bike.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
call them

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I posted a link to the mustang site for you, it asks you 3 questions. What year, what brand, what tank......it's that simple. YES......they have a seat for your bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey zeta thanks for being condescending....
I answered all three questions while visiting their site and it said currently no seats available.
I'm not ready to buy the seat yet so I will wait to call them. I'm thinking about going with a saddleman seat possibly instead.
Still not sure which way I'll end up going though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts