Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be embarking on a serious winter project with my wifes Buell. I was thinking about getting a frame from ******* Engineering and doing this to it. Has anyone ever done this? Pitfalls etc? Thanks for comments and any help. If anybody has a different idea for a frame I'm open to ideas because its not gonna be cheap from those guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thought about doing that to my sporty, but using their bopper frame. There is a local shop here in Hanover, PA Called (Winebrenner) They will do it and title your bike as a HD also they will have the vin stamped right into the frame

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I really want to do the work myself, do they sale just the frame? Ive done all the work to my V-rod so I'm kinda itching to do all the work on this project.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We just started one at CP. Red Neck Eng. comp. us a frame and sheet metal kit to build a Turbo Mutant. You may have to do a little adjusting on your motor mount. The welds on the frame are perfect. They are a lot of fun to ride. If you need any help just send me a PM.

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A turbo mutant!!!! Damn that should be sick when its done. Did you guys get the tank, oil bag and fender from them also?

·
Rally Trash Picker
28 Posts
Damn Lonnie, that's gonna' be sweet!! Make sure you shake it down before you paint anything.

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
Lonnie, ******* is gonna be your best bet. They have been doing it the longest. They know what works.
Really its gonna be cheapest just to go with there tank, fender and oil bag also. It will not require any fab work.
You start mixing and matching parts, youll lose your @$$ in trying to make everybodys parts work together.
Vince will also custom make those frames to spec for the same price. When you get time well take a trip out to there shop.

·
HDF Oil Guy
14 Posts
Lonnie, That thing will rock. I will tell you what, we have the same taste. The mutants are bada$$. Throw a 88inch kit in the Buell engine or even a 1250 Revolution kit and it will rock.

·
HDF Oil Guy
14 Posts
Lonnie, you may see a little similarity with this one to your current ride. :dance

Attachments

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lonnie, That thing will rock. I will tell you what, we have the same taste. The mutants are bada$$. Throw a 88inch kit in the Buell engine or even a 1250 Revolution kit and it will rock.

Ken I love these things, I think its gonna be a cool project. Remember this is my wifes Buell! She is gonna shit when she comes back from deployment and sees this thing in the garage. :rofl:

·
HDF Oil Guy
14 Posts
Ken I love these things, I think its gonna be a cool project. Remember this is my wifes Buell! She is gonna shit when she comes back from deployment and sees this thing in the garage. :rofl:
The only issue I see is using the EFI XB9 engine. Most of the Mutant are the older carbed 1203cc engines. Not sure what you will do with the ECM, intake, and such.

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only issue I see is using the EFI XB9 engine. Most of the Mutant are the older carbed 1203cc engines. Not sure what you will do with the ECM, intake, and such.

Ken Ill put a tuning system on it, not sure what just yet but something. Buell makes a race ecm for the more wide open exhaust etc. Deff a consideration! Exhaust is another thing too. I was thinking about the BUB 2-1 pipe

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
I bet Twin Tec could help.
Maybe somehow converting a big twin efi. system????

·
Registered
411 Posts
I saw that project in th works down at CP - and it looks really really good!!
I also saw one in the flesh at the Bub event at Boneville, and Ihave to say its sweet!

Lonnie - have a blast, it will look every bit the part when its done!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lonnie
I'll shoot some pics this week for you. Turbo was just mounted. bear claw mid controls that we fabricated and moto handlebars.

·
HDF Oil Guy
14 Posts
Ken Ill put a tuning system on it, not sure what just yet but something. Buell makes a race ecm for the more wide open exhaust etc. Deff a consideration! Exhaust is another thing too. I was thinking about the BUB 2-1 pipe
You will also have to keep in mind that the intake has the filter above like on the VRod not like a older style Buell with the side intake.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts