·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! Nice bike!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome from the Central Sierras......

What part of your bike are you cleaning with the Mountain Dew?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've since installed a hammer performance 1250 kit with 10.5:1 compression Pistons and a set of impact 560 cams. She runs pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
So... I'm also new to forum. But had plenty of bikes and miles. Originally from Vermont, now in Malibu (which is like trying to ride a bike in an asteroid storm). First bike I ever owned was a 1972 XLCH 1000. Though had "big" Harleys, always been partial to Sporties. So, recently looking at HDs, Roadster caught my eye. So, question: how much better handling is it than the stock Sportster versions? I still own the second bike I ever bought, a 1974 Ducati 750 GT. So, I would be looking for a Sportster + 70's really great handling bike (like my Duke). What's the verdict on the Roadster? Thanks. Oh yean, I'm 71 years old.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 16 Roadster is my ninth HD over my 50 years of riding. I changed the seating/riding position to one that better suits me. It handles much better than my other 2 Sportsters ever did. I also recently took it on a 5 day 1400 mile trip through the Smokey Mountains. Worked just fine. I'm happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
bkonick,

I'm about to buy a 2016 Roadster and this is my desired configuration. What handlebars and saddlebags did you go with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
HD Tallboy Handlebars. DK Custom 1-1/2" black Risers. Longer throttle, clutch cables and brake line.
HD Black Saddlebag Supports. River Road Braided Medium Slant Momentum Saddlebags - 10-9009

1 - 16 of 16 Posts