Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took some pics of my ride, been meaning to for quite a while now. Since the forums only allow me 5 pics in my profile (and I showed a pic of both of my other bikes in there :what? ) I figured I'd show off in my own thread here. Also, if I end up modding her at all (which I've done to pretty much everything I own) I can update this thread with those as well.

Anyway, without further ado...

I really don't know anything about these bikes... so I'm open to hear anything anyone can tell me about what kind of mods it has that you can tell from looking at the pics. I do want to get some saddlebags and I've tossed around the idea of some 16-18" apes. Any and all comments and or ideas or advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Here are my thoughts..

Custom tach mount on the bars...normally only one gauge would be there.
Different seat than stock
Lowered front fender
Aftermarket pegs
Chrom fork lowers
Fork brace
Aftermarket mirrors
Aftermarket horn cover
Aftermarket paint
Aftermarket ignition cover?
Aftermarket mirrors
Aftermarket turn signals up front
The sticker or whatever on the frame behind the forks
Chrome oil cover, battery cover.
Axle covers? Can't tell really
Primary derby cover is aftermarket
Aftermarket rear brake emblem thingie
Aftermarket grips
Aftermarket rear shocks
Aftermarket springs in the forks I bet, can't know that for sure though of course
Aftermarket rear turn signals
Removed air cleaner cover plate (just an emblem that would say 1200 or 883
I'm gonna guess Screamin eagle pipes...

I probably missed a few.
Good looking bike!
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's actually pretty helpful! Some of that stuff I kinda figured might not be stock. I think the seat actually is stock though, it does say Sportster on it... I could definitely be wrong though.

The sticker on the frame is just my base decal as I am military, all my vehicles have one.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Thanks, that's actually pretty helpful! Some of that stuff I kinda figured might not be stock. I think the seat actually is stock though, it does say Sportster on it... I could definitely be wrong though.

The sticker on the frame is just my base decal as I am military, all my vehicles have one.
My list is done. Because the seat says Sportster I bet it isn't stock. For example, my cousin has a sporty with a sundowner touring seat that says sportster. I am almost certain that no Harley seat ever has said the model of bike on the seat.

Could definitely be wrong on that though. Like I said nice ride though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had no idea it had potentially that much stuff done to it! They are Screamin' Eagle pipes... extremely loud! I would have never guessed on the seat either. The guy I bought it from really didn't mod anything, he bought it this way except for the turn signals that he changed out and gave me the stock ones. I also have the sissy bar, but I need to mod the rear signals to get it to fit again.

Thanks again for all the info and the compliment! I really do like this bike it's eye catching and very comfortable to ride... especially compared to my sport bikes...lol.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I had no idea it had potentially that much stuff done to it! They are Screamin' Eagle pipes... extremely loud! I would have never guessed on the seat either. The guy I bought it from really didn't mod anything, he bought it this way except for the turn signals that he changed out and gave me the stock ones. I also have the sissy bar, but I need to mod the rear signals to get it to fit again.

Thanks again for all the info and the compliment! I really do like this bike it's eye catching and very comfortable to ride... especially compared to my sport bikes...lol.
Cool! I am a huge sissy bar fan...if for no other reason than you can strap so much stuff to it!!

Take a pic of the inside of the pipe if you can.
To me it looks like he may have removed the baffles from the pipes in which case yes...very loud. If it still has the baffles then you are just a wimp....
(Just busting on ya) stock screamin eagles aren't "extreamley loud" by any means that is why I question what has been done to them. It is good to know what someone has done. Never know when you may need that knowledge. Also, look under the carburetor (right side behind the air cleaner if you didn't know) and see if there is a little flat head screw exposed that is tucked about 1/4 of an inch in a tubular channel. It would be on the inside (engine side) of the carb. If you don't see it, see if there is a little plug there....the color of metal. Either shiny steel or brass colored

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to look in the exhaust... as far as I can tell there isn't anything in there. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. I couldn't quite tell where you are talking about for the screw. I may have to take the air cleaner cover off to see it.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I went to look in the exhaust... as far as I can tell there isn't anything in there. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. I couldn't quite tell where you are talking about for the screw. I may have to take the air cleaner cover off to see it.
Shouldn't have to take the air cleaner cover off...it is on the engine side of the carb. There is a diagram somewhere on here of it. The reason I ask is because you will know for sure that the carb has been rejetted if it is off...well almost for sure.

And I bet there is nothing in your pipes. Hence the noise level.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's a huge list of aftermarket. I really like the front forks. XL1200R seems right on the money with his list. Only exception might be the seat because my 97 1200 pictured under my name on left has same seat with Sportster on both sides in rear. I also am not positive though because I'm not the original owner. I have the same mirrors. As you can see mine has apes but I'm thinking only 12". Good luck with that bike. It Rocks!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
That's a huge list of aftermarket. I really like the front forks. XL1200R seems right on the money with his list. Only exception might be the seat because my 97 1200 pictured under my name on left has same seat with Sportster on both sides in rear. I also am not positive though because I'm not the original owner. I have the same mirrors. As you can see mine has apes but I'm thinking only 12". Good luck with that bike. It Rocks!
What are the chances? If yours looks the same than that probably is a stock seat....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It probably is a stock seat... I plan to get a different one anyone down the road.

@ghostdriver, do you have any pics I can look at? I tried to look at your avatar... but it didn't come up any bigger... not that I'm very familiar with this website...lol

·
rode hard/put up wet
205 Posts
You certainly do have a cool and polished ride. I have a 98 1200C that has a different seat on it but I was given a seat just like that one when I bought the bike. What is the length of your handlebars. They look shorter than stock. The reason I say that is because I cut 4" off each end of my bars. That was as much as could be cut off and your bars look alot like mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You certainly do have a cool and polished ride. I have a 98 1200C that has a different seat on it but I was given a seat just like that one when I bought the bike. What is the length of your handlebars. They look shorter than stock. The reason I say that is because I cut 4" off each end of my bars. That was as much as could be cut off and your bars look alot like mine.
Thanks for the compliment! My handlebars are about 30" if I measure exactly along the bars. If I measure from bar end to bar end it's about 28", not sure if I made sense with that statement or not. I don't know the brand but I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket drag bars. :think

First time posting pictures on this site so here goes.
You have a great looking bike as well! I want to get some sort of bag like the one you have on your bars. Also, what is the box on the left side that has a cable running from the bars to the engine? Again, not sure if that made any sense... I'm not very knowledgeable on Harley's

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's acctualy my clutch cable that runs right behind the box that is an oil cooler. When I saw those pictures before I bought it I wondered same as you. If you follow the cable it goes down to the clutch.
Thanks for nice words.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That makes total sense now! Thanks for clarifying...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts