Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 98 model Heritage Softail Classic. My seat sucks. Would like to get a nice comfortable seat so I can stay in the saddle for a nice day ride. As it is after about a hundred miles I'm done. Any ideas out there for a nice seat?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
saddleman explorer rs

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've been pretty happy with Mustangs, or you can have the seat redone. Mean City Cycles has a pretty good reputation. Dianna's Shop makes a very good retrofit, www.diannasshop.com. Your ass will be happier.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
My ass hurts??? Is it your seat or is the wife getting a little frisky with the fingers before the ride? Sorry Had to ask.

Try a gel seat pad and or a backrest. Both will help distribute weight evenly and prevent pressure/stress points.
And tell the wife to use some lube. Sorry again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I own a 98 model Heritage Softail Classic. My seat sucks. Would like to get a nice comfortable seat so I can stay in the saddle for a nice day ride. As it is after about a hundred miles I'm done. Any ideas out there for a nice seat?
Trial and error has taught me that shape of the seat is much more important than how soft it is. Myself, I like Corbin. Hard as a rock but comfortable as hell. I can ride all day with no pain or numbness. Also helps to have highway pegs on a engine guard adjusted just above the footboards (if you have footboards). JMO

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,679 Posts
You really need to re-think a thread title like that...consider your audience...:what?

The easy answer would be lube but I digress...good luck in your search for pain relief...:thumbsup
My ass hurts??? is the wife getting a little frisky with the fingers before the ride? Sorry Had to ask.

And tell the wife to use some lube. Sorry again.
Your ass will be happier.
Preparation H is your friend.
Brutal. Just brutal... :)
Sure seems that way!!:spank:

·
NevRL8
187 Posts
hope you don't mind a hitchhiker in your thread, Tool: been shopping for seats myself for the same reason BUT: i'd like to find a model that's sort of vintage. it has the passenger grab rail at the back of the seat and i really like the looks of it..sort of like the late 50's to mid 60's EG saddles. having trouble finding one for my '07 FLSTC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't replace the seat just top it with an Airhawk. I have a bad back...added this 2 years ago and now ride 300 to 400 miles at a time with little to no back or hip issues.

Attachments

Reactions: Paul HD72

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Trial and error has taught me that shape of the seat is much more important than how soft it is. Myself, I like Corbin. Hard as a rock but comfortable as hell. I can ride all day with no pain or numbness. Also helps to have highway pegs on a engine guard adjusted just above the footboards (if you have footboards). JMO
+1 on Corbin. Now have my 3rd Harley with a Corbin seat. Yes, they do seem "hard", not all comfy-soft. But I've never had my a** hurt no matter how long I was in the saddle.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I cannot seem to resolve a softail to suit me. trading in on another touring bike

·
On the loose
8,709 Posts
The Mustang on my Deuce has keep me more comfortable than expected on 500mi days.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I thought the stock seat was plenty comfy but it looked like ass. The mustang wide tripper has no fluffy in it but it's comfy and looks sexy as eff.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts