Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he's 43, but he'll always be my kid brother. He lives out in Daytona, full professor, PhD in Neurophysiology, married, 2 great boys. Was bench pressing right at 400 pounds. Survived Hodgkins Lymphoma in 1988.

He went in for a pericardiotomy to remove the sac around his heart. It got infected, hardened and was causing fluid build up, coughing, etc... This was a last resort kind of measure. It was much harder than they expected and they couldn't get it all.

They found the sac was cancerous. We'll know a little more tomorrow, but apparently this is one of the rarest forms of cancer known, which means, we don't know anything. All I know is he and his wife can't keep it together on the phone (which leads me to believe they are holding back some bad news), so they asked me to tell mom and dad on the phone tonight. Needless to say, this will be one of the hardest calls I have ever made.

Pray for him, his family and my parents. It's gonna be a rough next few days.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Prayers sent bud. Hope everything is well, and that yall get good news that they got it all.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
that is very sad news and you have hard work talking to your folks about it. Thought are with you and your entire family. Hoping for the best.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm posting as a distraction right now. I think the carpet is dusty, eyes keep watering up. Thanks guys.

I'm waiting until 7:00 to make sure they are both home. I can't tell mom without dad being there.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,064 Posts
Roy, thoughts and prayers are here for you and your family and especially your little brother.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
So sorry to hear. I hope the best for your brother. I know this is a very hard, sad time for you right now. May God be with you and your family.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. I'm in Dallas, he's in FL and my parents are in Houston. That was the toughest call I ever made.

My mom totally lost it.

This sucks.

·
812 Posts
My prayers are with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 475 Posts