Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I needed to raise my scooter to move it [kinda had it 'wedged' in the garage] sure enough.......my 6 month old bike lift decided to die. Yes it was Chinese junk from Harbor Freight. For the first 6 months it has been great but today it would not raise......like the "lower" pedal was stuck down. It turned out to be basically just that except inside the jack. All the little parts were 'burred' up and typical junk.I worked on it for almost 2 hours [smashed a fingernail as well] Called Harbor freight...........they cannot get just a jack only, to sell me. I decided I have had enough of a hundred dollar junk lift holding my 20 thousand dollar bike so I went crazy and ordered a J&S lift. Wife will kill me but WTH................LOL $500.00 delivered with the T handle.
Later all........Colt.45

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
sorry that happened but you did the right thing. you will be happy soon...

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
You will be very happy with your decision. After having a floor jack let go on me, there's no way I'd have cheap jap [email protected] holding my HD.

·
Registered
340 Posts
yup, you gonna luv it.:thumbsup

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
You won't regret it. J&S rocks. I just did my FLHT top end on it, rock solid. No bouncing or rocking.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just ordered mine yesterday got the oil pan with it with my vet discount i got it for $480 shipped.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Is anyone happy with the Sears jack?

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
The sears aluminum jack was "ok". At the time I had it, it was the "best" available. I did a top end and a transmission change with one. It was like working on a boat in the water some times. Rocking, pitching, weaving. I would set it on the floor to break bolts loose or torque them and then jack it back up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
:blahblah:Harber sucks!Junk!Good move that jack will out live us all:)Mine has a chrome lever when bike is up to take pressure off cylinder:blahblah:pump it up release it then go down!:DeadHorse:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts