Harley Davidson Forums banner

My Buddy Wants Tunes!!!

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  sportynewb 
#1 ·
:ride HEY GUYS! IF ANYONE CAN HELP,MY BUDDY WANTS SUGGESTIONS ON PUTING A RADIO ON HIS 105,TH. HERITAGE.DEALER GUY SAYS THE UNIT IN THE HD CATALOG IS A PIECE OF ----.:confused:

#2 ·
Used to ride a Heritage. Did not want to add that H-D thing. Not surprised it is a piece of... Curious to know what other options exist out there that are decent. I'm not confident there are any for the Heritage.

If your buddy doesn't mind ear plugs/buds and wears a helmet, on long rides I'll stick an MP3 player/iPod in a jacket pocket, with the music delivered by some outstanding Etymotic ER6i ear plugs/buds. Great sound reproduction, minimal to no wind noise, but can still safely hear the bike, emergency vehicles, etc.

#5 ·
I've seen them at rally's etc, but personally have never seen a set-up I liked. Too busy and messes up the lines in my opinion. I use a portable XM/MP3 player from Pioneer with earphones. Mine (several years old now) has 1Gig of storage for mp3's or I can switch it to XM. The remote is programable with 20 favorite stations and I carry the radio in a variety of places (belt, armband, tankbag, etc). Putting the remote in my left pocket, I can find the buttons by feel for switching from XM to MP3's or between 20 presets, including the XM traffic station for my local area. Depending on overhead obstructions like trees, etc I occasionally lose signal on XM, but then I just switch over to MP3's and roll on down the road.

#16 ·
G K Vessa, check them out. Best part is you can use them when you're not riding. gkvessa dotcom Sunglasses with MP3 players, FM tuners built in, even work Bluetooth.

#20 ·
If he wants tunes tell him to buy an iPod or iPhone, and buy some SkullCandy Titan Chrome headphones. They are the best sounding headphones I've ever heard. Even sound like they got little subwoofers built in them. Very distinctive bass, mid & highs, and no distortion.

I bought a pair going off a friend's recommendation, and he was right. They're the most kickass headphones I've ever heard.

Titan Painted Black/Chrome - In Ear - Headphones - All Products

#24 ·
Check out the pics of the UNiQ Cycle Sounds | Motorcycle Speakers, Systems, Stereos & Audio - Amplified Motorcycle Speakers, Waterproof Motorcycle Speakers, Motorcycle Speaker System system on my deuce in my profile. They do make a smaller size. The smaller you go, the worse the sound quality. These sound incredible. However, their amp is not water proof and has to be mounted in an appropriate location under the seat, in a saddle bag, or in a fork bag. Tunes are heard so far up to 80 miles per hour. Hooks up to any 3.5mm headphone jack. I use my blackberry storm2 which cranks anyway. It can be hooked up via blue tooth. I got the inline volume controller and the usb charger separate from www.motorcycletunes.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.