Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am here to say hi and show you all my Modded Road king. I traded a bike for it and I could not be happier. I have a few bikes and this is my fourth Harley product over the years. The body work has a patina and then it was clear coated. The motor is a 106 with cams and head work. The suspension has been gone through. There is a Progressive link for the back end installed to help prevent the Harley wobble. The seat is a Mustang solo with a backrest. She started life as a 2008 Road King Classic. She has Commando II tires. The Exhaust is louder then I like but it works. The headlight is some LED contraption with built in Turn signals. The tail light is smoked and also has built in signals. This is a good riding bike. Someone put a lot of time and effort into this machine. It whispered into my ear as soon as she came into view. I would call this a Rat bike and I need to give her a name. I know she is not everyone’s cup of tea but she is mine. Originally the bike was lowered. I took out the links. I dislike lowering anything. Without the links the bike works much better. Also, it had a Danny Grey seat. This made the bike uncomfortable for me. It was set up for a taller individual. I had to stretch to far for the controls. I have motorcycle injuries so comfort is required. So far the work I have seen on her seems to be done right. Only time will tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Howdy from San Antonio

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
I can't get his pics to load. Not sure if it's a pic problem or my pc. Not having this problem else where on the forum though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made a few changes. Bike still runs great but I chang d the seat and added a rear rack. Also, I fabricated some bag mounts and put on some new bags. The bags come right of quick release style and can be locked to the bike. I have bar end blinkers coming this week. The bike needs more light to be seen.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts