Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

So I worked 12 hours today in the 90 degree heat outside at work raking and push mowing and doing physical labor.

12 hours later later I get home feeling like absolute shit and then I get the call that my best friend was in a motorcycle crash..

Apparently he locked the front brake because he lost concentration for a second and didn't notice a line of cars stopping. Regardless, I guess he has lots of road rash and a ruptured spleen which sucks.

All I know is I still feel like absolute shit and yet he's feeling 100 times worse so what so I have to complain about..

I wish I could fall asleep but too much on the mind.

Thanks fretting me vent. Ride safe guys.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope he bounces back. You have to stay diligent and focused.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
sorry for the crappy day xl, and for your friend. hope the venting helped, what we're here for.
regards,
dave

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Sorry to hear this. You need to rest. Your buddy will need you at your best to help him rebound. Hope he heals quickly.

--

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,202 Posts
Jake, I have made more trips to the ER than I care to lately to be with friends who have gotten into crashes. Even had one get hit right before my eyes a few months back and just recently attended his services. It sucks to have friends hurt in crashes no matter who is at fault, and it seems to be happening more often that any of us would like. Big thing is we all have to have our heads on a swivel and can't lose focus or we run the risk of having some of our buddies feel as you do. I hate it, and I know we all do.
I can say this from experience: make a point of visiting him and giving some encouragement and support. When I was laid up in the hospital after the Nice Lady in the SUV tried to make me dead, I had a lot of friends show up, and it helped a lot with the healing process and the determination to get back on "That Horse".

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't even know what his bike looks like but so long as he wants to ride it again I friggin tear off every nut and bolt with him to get it running.

What sucks is he got into a semi serious atv accident like fall of last year. Right before my eyes too. He's a good rider too on atvs or bikes for that matter it's not like he's an idiot doing stupid crap on them...but I digress

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Prayers for your friends speedy and complete recovery. I know how your empathic feelings worry you. Reading your posts over the last couple of years, I've seen that you are a very wise and responsible young man.

·
Registered
43,128 Posts
I don't even know what his bike looks like but so long as he wants to ride it again I friggin tear off every nut and bolt with him to get it running.
That's what its all about right there. :thumb

·
Try'n to behave
6,430 Posts
Here's to a speedy recovery. Prayers out for him.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Shame to hear. Prayers out to him. Hope for a quick recovery.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys.

So it's 4:28am here...I finally fell asleep around 11:30 or midnight so I'm feeling alot better now.

He's out of surgery minus a spleen...it was in three pieces. But hey, you don't really need that organ anyway hehehe!!

He's gonna go into a room a step down from icu I guess so it sounds like they still want to keep a close eye out on em for awhile.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,742 Posts
My buddy Mark lost his slpeen after a left turn in front of him. Lives a normal life and still rides. Well as normal as a former jarhead can be....

Just having people stop by was the thing he sited most helpful....

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the spleen has been removed but I guess his hand and knee are in alot of pain but they never xrayed them because they were more worried about his internal organs.

Sounds like his knee may be broken or something though we won't know until they do xrays.

It's all a waiting game...the worst part. He's still loaded up on morphine and stuff so I'm going to visit a little later today.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It helps me to talk about it here.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
I can feel your pain on having a friend go down. Had a friend go down about a month and a half ago. He was real messed up with no helmet on. Multiple broken bones, internal organ damage, and a severe TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). He was in a coma for a few weeks. The doctors almost gave up on him, but now he is up walking, talking, and going through his recovery (Still in the hospital though.) and says he can't wait to get back up on two wheels... With a helmet of course.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts