Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Only call my bike "The Bike" but I always turn and look at it when I park it up and walk away
Are you hoping it will stare back
Have never named any bike I have had, just have a Fat Boy.....but sounds strange to say I have a Fat Boy :LOL:
Maybe I should call it the Terminator, as it actually kills all the other bikes I have owned
Yes but if Harley named a bike the fatgirl to be gender fair same exact bike would you of bought the fat boy , or the fat girl?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
might think on it a while. it was about six years before i named fury, a black 14 ultra and flash a red 17 ultra. i always thought it was kinda not for me and then they names just jumped out at me.:)
Yea , I've been sitting on it for almost a year now , I figured the more I ride her , the name would come , circumstance , or happenstance , sometimes that's just what happens for names of things .

·
Registered
894 Posts
I inherited a little money when Mom passed away. Bought my FXR3. She had inherited it from my aunt. My aunt always called my Mom Vonnie. Short for Yvonne. So, The first vehicle I have ever given a name Is Vonnie. View attachment 811635
Nice story! Now do the right thing and get Vonnie off of that trailer before she turns into a "trailer Queen".

·
Registered
1999 Blue Flame FXR3, 2017 Road Glide Ultra
57 Posts
Nice story! Now do the right thing and get Vonnie off of that trailer before she turns into a "trailer Queen".
She's no trailer queen. That was the day I brought her home. The two previous owners combined in 22 years put 4,054 total miles on her. I have put 3,000 miles on her since last May.

·
Registered
2005 FXSTBI
32 Posts
My wife asked me if I was going to name mine. For the most part, I just call it ('05 Night Train) the bike. Told her if I ever did name it I'd consider calling it Kate after the actress Kate Beckinsale. When she asked why, I told her it's because that would be as close as I'd ever get to crawling on top of and riding her as hard as I wanted. 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
My St1100 was named Traveler when I bought her. I changed the name to Traveller (spelled the old English way) in honor of Robert E. Lee's horse. I've used variations of "Traveller" on my big bikes ever since. My Goldwing is named "Desert Traveller" with desert in the name because my daughter has a scholarship to New York University Abu Dhabi. If it weren't for that scholarship, I wouldn't have her!

My Versys X300 is named "Dirt Ninja". I have to think of a good name for my Harley.

·
Registered
17 Fat Boy
87 Posts
I bought my 17 Fat Boy a couple of years ago and it's all black and chrome. I thought I would name it after a dragon and researched it and found a large black fire breathing dragon named Eyleen, perfect! However my wife was not too thrilled with me riding Eyleen so I just went with Dragon!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

21 - 40 of 69 Posts