Harley Davidson Forums banner

My Heritage Rules !!

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  18mm 
#1 ·
I have been riding Wide Glides forever, but bought my Heritage to cruise.

Next step, a Geezer Bike..:rofl:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Oooo, no way. Love carburetion. The sound is inimitable! I'm at 8800ft elev and have specifically ordered carbed H-D's for the great performance they deliver year round here... regardless of altitude or temps. I know FI is top shelf, having rented many H-D FI bikes, and I know carb is no longer offered, but if/when I get an FI bike some year, it will be reluctantly.

#12 ·
The good news is my wife also has the noassatall syndrome (plus she is only 5 ft tall and in good shape, if I may brag a little bit), but she likes the wider seat that was installed.

At last years Winter bike show, she sat on a Ultra Classic and commented this should be the next bike. I'm not ready to give up the FLSTC style for the complete road sofa just yet! (no offense to the owners of Ultra Classic intended - I just like the FLSTC looks, handling, ride alot!) In three summers -short summers - 5 months of good riding, I have 16,500 miles - not a ton of riding, but enough for GREAT enjoyment!

#13 ·
I wanted an Ultra for us to cruise on.We tested a few and she said she didn't like it.When we got up on a Heritage,before I even cranked the engine she said this is the one,so I got a spanking new one.I really like the bike and it's old classic styling.It has close to 20k on it,almost all miles are with us together,I have been averaging 25k a year on all of the bikes.This bike has really brought us closer to each other.It's pretty cool to watch her face in the mirrors as we cruise.She looks so content and that makes me happy.

#15 ·
Took an early ride thismorn,there was a little fog out and chilly.I got clothed up and took the Heritage because I can haul spare trans parts in the bags.There wasn't much traffic,the sun came up and burned the fog away.I felt so good and free cruising down the highway I didn't want to stop.I love taking off from a light,rolling on the throttle and then slowly shifting the next gear,it's loud and sounds like music,lobbing it into high gear and let the torque sing.I hope everyone that enjoys a good sounding engine was listening.I got home,cleaned up,swapped bikes and went cruising w some buddys for the rest of the day.

#16 ·
Took the cover off the bike on Sunday (03-25-07)

After checking fluids, tire pressure, etc, spent the next 2 1/2 hours on the bike. Where did I go - anywhere and everywhere my mind told me to - about 125 miles. Freedom for the soul!

When I got back, the wife said I couldn't stop talking/smiling and had an attitude adjustment from the ride (she was laughing when she said it, as she wanted to ride, but had another committment)

Woooo hooooo for Spring in Ohio.

What a GREAT sound - the Harley sound!

Attachments

#19 ·
Hello All...Chrome sides on 6 Gallon Tank?

I have a 1993 Heritage which has chrome on either side and is a 6 gallon tank. I have looked through the internet to find some discussion regarding this and there is little info. I am trying to find out if this was genuine Harley tank (it appears so)..was this a limited thing and was it ever put on other models. As I said I have not been able to get any info.

Thanks

Wayne

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.