Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding something all my life. Started on the dirt in the late 60's on a Tele-Dyne 5hp Mini-Bike, I modded it with a high perfomance galvanized straight pipe instead of a muffler. It didn't take long to bust the frame, I guess then it became my first springer. Tore up a Suzuki 55, Bridgestone 125, Suzuki 125 street/trail (my first legal street riding experience), Had a DynaGlide for a while. "I have now reached the age where comfort outweighs cool" and ride a 2000 Road King.

I grew up in Charlotte, NC and lived there until 98' when a dude attempted to rob me at an ATM and let me hold two rounds from a 12 gauge (luckily #6 birdshot) shotgun at point blank range. I returned fire but missed (my biggest letdown in life {so far}). I took a pellet in the eye, so I did have an excuse for missing the S.O.B. After that I moved to the burbs (well it was when I moved), north of Charlotte to Mooresville at beautiful Lake Norman. Mooresville (aka "Race City U.S.A.") is where the majority of the NASCAR teams are located. It's nothing to run into the drivers running their daily errands. Earnhardt Jr. used to hang out at the Wall-Mart here late at night just for kicks with his buds (friends) probably some in the can too. He can't do that anymore, too popular. He still haves some big parties as he only lives about 3-4 miles from me. His dad lived across the cove from me before he built the log mansion at D.E.I.

I'm fortunate to live 2 hours from the mountains and about 3 from the beach. Can usually ride year around give or take a weekend or two.

I'm a Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor for Duke-Energy and work at the three corporate nuclear plants. I ride to work whenever possible, two are within riding distance, the other I usually trailer it down since I'm there 3-4 weeks at a time.

My wife and I started dating when she was 16 and I was 18. We're now 46 and I soon to be 48. We have one kid, he'll be 17 in January. We started a family late as I had an addiction to Camaro's and spent all my money on them. I finally kicked the habit 3 yrs. ago when I sold the '68 396 SS/RS I'd had for 19 yrs. Well I kicked the habit momentarily as my son now has a '91 Camaro we are tricking out.

That's about it for me, life's never been easy, but I can't complain.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thank you for sharing that!! Welcome to the Forum!!:dance

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kind of like Homer Simpson! Sweet Job! Welcome.
I try to stay away from areas were you get dose. I'm in the electrical group, my team is responsible for the 230,000/525,000 volt circuit breakers and transformers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts