Harley Davidson Forums banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 · (Edited)
Decided to go with the Captain Itch Crotch Cooler... not the most stylish but certainly the most effective at keeping the heat from my.... errr... legs.

I am thinking just plain and in black... just so that it disappears with the rest of the black parts of the bike

I like what he did, but not looking at installing any coins on it... but sure looks nice...

Those are timing covers from Motordog69 Motorcycle Medallion Plate Covers . Nice touch.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Got a call that the parts I sent to get powder coated are done!

Place opens at 6am so I will get them tomorrow morning before I get to work... I can then put the windshield back together (not going to install it on the bike for now, love how the bike looks naked) and install the metal toolbox back (this one I do miss how the bike looks with it).

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Well... took much longer than I expected because on the bottom muffler, the holes would not align to the holes in the bracket... had to make the holes in the bracket a bit larger to get them to work...

But these are now installed! Too late to give them a run... will do that tomorrow. Also, left the ABS sensor to install tomorrow as well...

First, what the stock pipe looks like...

And the Rush...

that is all for tonight

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
For those wondering....those are the stock muffler heat shields back on the Rush Slip-ons. Some folks do not like them and just leave them off... in my case, I like the looks of the stock shields in place.

On other news, picked up the powder coated parts this morning... putting the windshield back together tonight...

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Windshield back together...

Spacers also coated... the big spacer is the one I use on the base of the metal toolbox.

All in place...

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
It sure has a bite now... sounds not as loud in the video as it does standing next to it... I will need to control my throttle while waiting at a light to not scare the folks around me....

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Replaced the front ABS sensor. I don't know how the heck I did this the first time without removing the tank... removed tank, replaced sensor. Also routed a few cables I had under the side of the tank and routed those through the center with the rest of the harness that is there.

I also installed the crotch cooler...

Sorry folks, no photos. I was so in a hurry to finish it and get on the road.... happy that my bike is finally done.

I think.... lol

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
So I go out for a ride to test everything out... loaded the Fuel Moto map, everything in place... I just go on some back roads so I have no gear on... only my sunglasses... I keep hearing this metal sound... tin metal sound that starts to worry me... could it be the belt, could it be the brakes... I start to worry to the point that I stop a couple of times to check the bike over...

Well.... guess what... since I seldom ride without a helmet, there are many noises I do not hear...

It was this little guy doing its job!!!! :smile The bell...

And a couple of photos...

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I like it. :thumb
Thank you... 14.95 from eBay... not much to lose. But fits perfectly... will install in a few weeks.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Hey my name is Doug I really like your wind shield . I m in Cali fixn to buy a Slim S and would like to know where you got the wind shield ? Thanks
Welcome to the forum!!!

The windshield is an HD part... here is what you need if not using auxiliary lights bar

1 piece -Vented Wind Splitter Windshield-57400159
1 kit -Harley FLSTF Bracket Kit for 100th Anniversary Windshield 58810-02
1 package -Spacer (2 pieces) 5885

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Got a question on the modification of the rack to avoid changing rear lights and tag mount...

Here is a template you can use to make it easier to remove the material to clear the stock lights...

Remove the locking mechanism, place template on top... grind material away... install locking mechanism... done!

As you can see, it is a pretty simple modification...

Let me know if the link to the pdf file works...

Luggage Rack Mount Mod

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to let you know I really appreciate your documentation of your mods. My wife went from a Superlow 1200 to her 2017 Slim. She bought it in December 2018 as a brand new leftover 2017. We have started the mods and this is where we are at the moment. I am debating doing the mods to the Harley luggage rack that you did or just buying a different rack from Dennis Kirk that attached to the top of the fender. She doesn't want to relocate the lights and tag.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I go out for a ride to test everything out... loaded the Fuel Moto map, everything in place... I just go on some back roads so I have no gear on... only my sunglasses... I keep hearing this metal sound... tin metal sound that starts to worry me... could it be the belt, could it be the brakes... I start to worry to the point that I stop a couple of times to check the bike over...

Well.... guess what... since I seldom ride without a helmet, there are many noises I do not hear...

It was this little guy doing its job!!!! :smile The bell...

And a couple of photos...

Do you mind me asking where you found that saddlebag? Mostly can only find black

101 - 119 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.