Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Looks 20 times better then stock, and I'm sure it sounds better too.....

·
Registered
39,573 Posts
Yes, I do.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
thats a crazy amount..dont you think...............
That's a lot for an oil change. Did mine myself for about $50.US for oil & filter and everything else was in tolerance.

PS: Nice pipes

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Sweet looking ride love red.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys , since this is my first go around with this i am sure i could have all this things done for less money. however i need the peace of mind that it was done right. i just hope they did what they said for the money like change to synthetic and do all 3 holes. ON a lighter note I LOVE MY RIDE...i had a friend switch with me so i can see how it looks and sounds crusing ... big smile came over me,,,,,,.................see ya

·
What?
3,256 Posts
That 365 is insane. My dealer wanted that. I bought the factory service manual and I know what fluids are in my bike. Follow the instructions on the checks and you be fine. Keep your receipts for warranty issues. That manual is the best sixty bucks you'll ever spend.

By the way, Nice pipes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
FB2009 thank you for helping me make up my mind. I have an 08 Fatboy the same exact color and have been contemplating which pipes to get. I am installing the Stage 1 in the next couple weeks and have not been able to make up my mind. It has always been the V&H, but my choices were down to the BSS or the Big Radius 2 into 1 or the Pro Pipe 2 into 1. I really like the Big Radius but I am have saddlebags and I just don't think it would look right. For some reason, the Big Radius seems to take the "lowness" out of the bike. Just my .02. Worth everything you paid for it. Thanks again. Nice scoot! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fatboy2009, that bike is slick! You just made up my mind, too. Im in Iraq and just purchased the 09 FB in black denim. I was trying to decide between the BSS or Big Radius 2:1, but thats it, man. Those BSSs have the classic look I need for that black denim. Great pick, man!

Jas

·
Registered
17 Posts
That 365 is insane. My dealer wanted that. I bought the factory service manual and I know what fluids are in my bike. Follow the instructions on the checks and you be fine. Keep your receipts for warranty issues. That manual is the best sixty bucks you'll ever spend.

Just wondering, even with keeping receipts, if a DIY-er does his own 1,000 mile service, does that void the warrantee? Does anyone know the correct answer?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Just wondering, even with keeping receipts, if a DIY-er does his own 1,000 mile service, does that void the warrantee? Does anyone know the correct answer?
It does not void your warranty. Nor does using other than Harley oils or fluids as long as they are in specs for your bike.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
It does not void your warranty. Nor does using other than Harley oils or fluids as long as they are in specs for your bike.
Seriously?

WHen I bought my fatboy, it had a transferable extended warantee on it (good till may of 2010) I was reading through the paperwork and it said all service work had to be done at dealership and all records (receipts) kept. I called them up and asked if a receipt showing I bought oil and a filter was good enough? they said, "no" that only proves I bought the stuff, doesn't prove it was used or used at the right milage. WTF? whos gonna buy oil and a filter and not use it?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Seriously. Unless the service and the parts are free then you have the right to take it else where and use after market parts.

Now if you do it yourself then I guess technically you would need to video tape or photograph the procedure for proof along with receipts.

Click Here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts