Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S&S Custom with a 113 cu in engine. It starts and runs great for about 30 mins then just shuts off. It will restart for a few mins then shut off again. Can someone help me with a place to start looking?

·
Frozen Member
2,314 Posts
I would start by checking for old gas or a fuel system issue. If you turn off the key as soon as it dies and turn it right back on can you hear the pump run for a couple seconds? Is it just idling the 30 minutes or are you riding it?

Go to the new members section and do an intro and you'll probably get more help.

·
Retired citizen
22,285 Posts
Typical symptom of a failing ignition.
I would contact S&S tech support about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a good one it sounds like you have some electronics overheating there is a small access cover on the right side of the bike right above nearby or your cams are small cover it'll usually say Harley Davison or something like that remove that cover there are electronics in that little compartment it sounds like they are overheating which is quite common with the bigger bikes try wrapping some insulation around it to keep it cooler

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
How are you going to insulate a nose cone? OP is a one and done. Just replace the ignition system and it's fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts