Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trip started in Chesapeake, VA with 7 people. Two others met us at the meetup point to see us off but couldn't ride because they had just crashed their bike earlier that week.

By the time we picked up other riders along the way, we had 14. This picture was taken in front of one of our bungalows at Phillips Hotel in Robbinsville NC.

Time to slay the Dragon...

My wife and I.

Scenery along the Dragon and Cherahala...

Left our mark...

Saw friends get engaged...

Stopped at the Harley dealership at the end of the Dragon for some loot...

When we left for home early Sunday morning, we rode through the Cherokee reservation on our way to Maggie valley where we stopped for breakfast.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had dinner at Lynn's Place in Robbinsville. Lynn, her husband, and daughter work there and they were a hoot and some really nice, entertaining people. The food was awesome! They have really good prime rib, ribs, fried chicken, and the desserts are the best! But... no alcohol because its a dry county. Everyone in the group packed their own liquor or picked up some beer on the way. Some in the group even carried in a mixed drink into Lynn's restaurant and they didn't seem to care.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me and my wife. Owning a Harley wouldn't be possible without her. My ex-wife left me financially ruined and with bad credit. My wife helped me rebuild and buy our first Harley. She goes with me almost every time I ride.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It got so hot that day I eventually bought a sleeveless tshirt at the Harley dealership because I was about to have heat stroke in that long sleeved shirt that I wore to protect from the sun and road rash.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe that this one was taken on the way to Maggie Valley after riding through the Cherokee reservation on the morning we were returning home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, and the only person to have an accident was our group leader who dropped his bike twice, both times in a parking lot standing still. One of those times he thought that he had put his kickstand down but didn't. The next time was in parking lot with a steep slope. He started to go but saw a car and stopped and his bike tipped over downhill.

But man can that guy ride! I was trying to keep up behind him on Cherohala Parkway and in some of those curves was holding the line through and wondering if I was going to roll out the other side or crash. If I was riding that by myself I would have gone slower and I never would have believed that two people on a Harley could take curves that fast and make it. I made it by matching his speed, line through the curves, and watching his brake light. It was exhilarating and scary at the same time!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I am wondering now that you are back what are your biggest Do's and dont's for this ride. I would like to hit it myself soon and would like to go to school on you. I have driven Cherohala in a cage and it was awesome. Thanks buddy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts