Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered my new crossbones and I'm ditching the seat for a badlander and I'm really interested in the optional black narrow beach bars. Has anybody seen these on the bones or even better have some pics or ride impressions.

Cheers Mark

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've seen a few with different seats and it really loses the intended old timey look and looks like every other softail in the parking lot. The stock seat position is awkward; even with it in the rearward position it feels too far foward & too high and I have to take my eyes off the road and bend my head down to see the instrument panel, but that may be due to having to stare long & hard @ the speedometer to cipher the tiny numbers.
I do like the bars Dave63 posted, nice look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with your comments on the stock seat, thats why its got to go. I agonised over the decision but the practicalities of having a comfortable riding position won out. The pic from dave63 is the one from the MoCo parts catalogue. A good look, I think better than the mini apes, of course its a personal thing though. Some better pics of a bike with those bars would be nice to see...

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I like both looks. The apes are more of an old school bobber look, where as the beach bars are an old FL look. Both look great with a springer front fork.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Dave swaps between the two on his ride every other week just for kicks. :thumb

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was just looking at the Harley site thinking about what EZE RIDER just posted and I really like the Beach Bars @ $69.95. Butt, butt, also having to change the throttle, clutch, & brake lines for an extra $350...

An item I would really like to install is the Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator - Satin Black 92068-08 $299.95. That would really clean up & unclutter the front end. I hate the blinkers hanging from the bars, they look like an afterthought.

When I bought my Bones I vowed to keep it bone stock and not spend a single red cent on accessories & mods.

ARGHHHH!!! Now I'm thinking about spending $700 to mess with my handle bars.
Must resist...

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I was just looking at the Harley site thinking about what EZE RIDER just posted and I really like the Beach Bars @ $69.95. Butt, butt, also having to change the throttle, clutch, & brake lines for an extra $350...

An item I would really like to install is the Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator - Satin Black 92068-08 $299.95. That would really clean up & unclutter the front end. I hate the blinkers hanging from the bars, they look like an afterthought.

When I bought my Bones I vowed to keep it bone stock and not spend a single red cent on accessories & mods.

Must resist...

Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttt...........!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
40,782 Posts
Ya know you want to.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
cable swap for handlebar change

Has anyone tried changing from the stock handle bars to the beach cruisers without changing the cables? Is there really that much extra slop in them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put on the beach bars and completely love the set-up. Huge improvement; I like the stock springer seat, one of the reasons I bought the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if the leather bobber seat for the bones gives any more backward room. Im a big guy and have adjusted the stock seat back but it is still not enpough. Butt riding over the back edge of seat. I was goin change to a corbin gunfighter but I like the single bobber seat. Opinions appreciated.
Thanks

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts

Must resist...
When you bought a Harley you dedicated yourself to continuisley empty your wallet on your bike.

JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've ordered my new crossbones and I'm ditching the seat for a badlander and I'm really interested in the optional black narrow beach bars. Has anybody seen these on the bones or even better have some pics or ride impressions.

Cheers Mark
it depends on your needs! stock ones are very good for long roads - you don't really need to strech your hands so strong!
i think beach bar are not so good for trips...(
check out an official Harley site - check the 2010 Softail part - click Crossbones - they have one pic of the customized Xbone - with beach bar - looks great!
and i've found new Solo Spring Saddle there - part number - 54373-10 - looks terrific - did anyone try it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts