Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has added the gps to the ultras radio or if you can? I found a site where you can update the stereo/ how bout the nav part?$$$$$$

·
Registered
623 Posts
I believe you can buy the nav part thru HD (a download) at around $400, but I understand it is VERY basic, both in info and appearence. Much better to buy a NAV system through any number of suppliers. I like BUY.COM, you can get a great portable system for around a $100 and use it in the car as well as the bike. Or, if you want to go high dig a ZUMO is the ultimate for a bike IMHO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got an older Garmin mounted on the bars. It works good but only holds 21G of maps. That's fine unless you are taking a very long trip.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
A friend of mine had the HD unit on his 08 ultra ,he was not impressed. I have a tom tom rider 11, it's OK but I think I should have bought a Garmin. As for mounting Google Ram mounts although that's what they come with. I just got two longer bolts and mounted mine to the brake / master cyl. mount

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, had a garmin(borrowed) on the RK and was just trying to keep it clean. Next I guess will be the cup holder. $400 bucks will get ya a nice gps and (maybe) a mount to go where ever.

D:Thanks

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
I bought my 2008 Ultra with a Garmin Zumo 550 installed at the dealer. It is installed using a handlebar mount that is pretty clean and secure. And with the security screw, it makes it pretty hard for morons to take your GPS. If interested, I can post a couple of pics. HD now has a fairing mount, but you have to drill some holes through the inside part of your fairing. I'm pretty happy with the handlebar mount.

·
Steve
262 Posts
I bought my 2008 Ultra with a Garmin Zumo 550 installed at the dealer. It is installed using a handlebar mount that is pretty clean and secure. And with the security screw, it makes it pretty hard for morons to take your GPS. If interested, I can post a couple of pics. HD now has a fairing mount, but you have to drill some holes through the inside part of your fairing. I'm pretty happy with the handlebar mount.
Please do if you don't mind. I am thinking of mounting one to my 06 SG.

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
As promised.. here are some pics of the GPS mount on my 2008 Ultra. Couple of things to notice. This is not the standard Gomadic mount that consists of a U bolt, some nuts and the mount. This mount bolts on in two parts to the handlebars and is VERY stable. Then the GPS mounts to the upper part that is a ball mount for flexibility in getting the GPS just where you want it (sun glare, angle, etc).

I believe this is the HD mount you can get at any dealership. The product code is 92365-08. I am very happy with this mount since its more secure than the U bolt mount I used to have on my Heritage. Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone tried this mount from Kuryakyn? This replaces the stock fuel door on the Eglides. Looks like it would work well and keep the vibration down to almost nothing compared to the GPS being mounted on the handle bars.

Tim

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts