Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped out my intake and exhaust and want to get a Dyno Tune.
I also have a TFO tuner and I'm not so sure it's doing me any good.
My nearest Harley dealer, which is not so near, wants about $1000 bucks for the Dyno Package. Yikes!

Anyone know of anyone in the North Central New Jersey area that can do this without all that $$$$ pain?

thanks

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Most dyno shops charge by the hour, and I have seen $35/hour up to $100/hour. Best bet is to google for performance shops and give them a call to shop their rates.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
What does the package include??? Because my local dealer with a dyno charges 250 for a tune... Now if that comes with a sert tuner... That isn't far off the 1000... More like 650 though ..it all depends on what else is in the package... I am interested to see ....let us know...

If you do go to an independent shop with a dyno machine see what tuner the shop recommends and that will help guarantee your best tune

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just had a tts mastertune installed, as well as cams and dyno. When I asked about just tuner install and dyno, I was quoted about$300. I got my ride back and I couldn't be happier! I'm in south jersey, And the shop I used is in Berlin nj. Local wrench with a great reputation. Let me know if you want details.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
What is a TFO tuner? I googled it and found nothing except your question.
Whatever tuner you have, I think it's good to find a shop that is familiar with that specific one. The tables/settings/etc. are different and (may) require a learning curve on the dyno operators part to get right. You will get a better tune if the operator is comfortable with the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts