Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom had her other knee replaced a few weeks ago and when she was in the recovery room they noticed a weird heart rhythm. So now they are trying get a drug regimen that will work. Not going well there. She gets very exhausted doing nothing.
Anyway, she had my nephew drive her to church to pick up some files so she can do some of her treasury work. While going into church she dropped her purse and tripped on it and fell down some stairs. Local hospital found bleeding on the brain and some facial fractures and got her to a major hospital a half hour away. This happened yesterday afternoon and I first got a call from my sister at lunch today. That's going to get remedied. So with this hemorrhagic stroke they are trying medicine to stop the bleeding while working on the heart issue and keep any clots from doing bad things. She is in and out of consciousness now. When my wife gets home, we're going call my sister to see how mom's doing and maybe head up there this evening or in the morning depending on the neurologists review this afternoon. Mom is only 69 and dad is a very old 80. He basically can't walk anymore and now we'll have to work something out with my sister and myself to get them help during the day. Any prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks all. Mike

·
Registered
11,907 Posts
My mom had her other knee replaced a few weeks ago and when she was in the recovery room they noticed a weird heart rhythm. So now they are trying get a drug regimen that will work. Not going well there. She gets very exhausted doing nothing.
Anyway, she had my nephew drive her to church to pick up some files so she can do some of her treasury work. While going into church she dropped her purse and tripped on it and fell down some stairs. Local hospital found bleeding on the brain and some facial fractures and got her to a major hospital a half hour away. This happened yesterday afternoon and I first got a call from my sister at lunch today. That's going to get remedied. So with this hemorrhagic stroke they are trying medicine to stop the bleeding while working on the heart issue and keep any clots from doing bad things. She is in and out of consciousness now. When my wife gets home, we're going call my sister to see how mom's doing and maybe head up there this evening or in the morning depending on the neurologists review this afternoon. Mom is only 69 and dad is a very old 80. He basically can't walk anymore and now we'll have to work something out with my sister and myself to get them help during the day. Any prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks all. Mike
Prayers sent. Had this happened 30 or so years ago prayers wouldn't have helped. Modern medicine is truly amazing.

With regard to getting some daytime help, be very careful. Insist on references and check them out thoroughly. And even with good references stay away from those who will work only for cash as they are on disability, food stamps, welfare, or all of the above and they ain't reportin no cash income to anybody. Also, if down the road one or both parents need nursing home care and you need to try for Medicaid benefits you will have to prove how they spent their money and if you paid someone cash you won't be able to substantiate that and won't have a written notarized agreement and Medicaid will consider the unaccounted for cash disbursements as gifts and penalize the parent needing Medicaid.

·
luv the low country
20,619 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, Buckshot. Prayers sent.

·
old scoot coot
5,034 Posts
Thanks all. Mike
done buckshot. and ill keep them coming till she is all better.tommy

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
my prayers are for you and all of your famiy. Hope your mom can come out of this.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,045 Posts
Prayers from the South Coast!

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all.
Apparently the clot in her brain is bigger today. Hoping they don't need to do surgery. Taking xrays on her collar bone, shoulder and hand now.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Hang in there Yon. Thought and prayers for you and your mom. Take it one day at a time.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.