Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a helmet which felt ok in store but after wearing on a few rides I realized the chin strap sucks. Anybody have any good recommendations for a comfortable chin strap, maybe even something with a chin guard type strap to tighten it up and not rub under neath so bad.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You can get covers to go over the strap. Not sure what helmet you are using, but I've noticed a lot of the cheaper half skulls have skimpy straps. I just got a 3/4 helmet with a flip up face shield from HD. That thing is great.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Grow a full beard. I haven't had that problem with any of my helmets.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Ah that's what my wife is doing, her thong must be chafing.
Peanut, we need to party.

When your friends stole that cow...and your friends tried to make it with the cow?! I gotta party with you cowboy. Me and him together? Forget it.

- John Winger (Bill Murray), Stripes

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, but I have to be able to wear a respirator at work so growing a beard is not an option for me. I will keep searching for something better. I just figured someone may have run into this problem before and have some fix for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What kind of helmet do you wear? I have a piece of junk Vega half shell that is very uncomfortable and the straps suck... but it looks almost like a novelty lid which is why I bought it back then.

Now I pretty much only wear a fullface HJC CL-16. It's much more comfortable, has very plush liner and padded chin strap. Cruising into work this morning at 80mph with a surprise short rain storm sure made me appreciate the protection.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Walley world sells some neoprene sleeves for use to hold your glasses on your head. I bet if you cut off both ends you could slide it over your chinstrap to soften it up a bit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea peanut, I will look for something like that this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts