Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine wants to wake up his 06 screamin eagle ultra classic and asked me about what size cams would fit in it and I have no experience on the se103 engine so I told him I would ask on here what others have installed and how they worked . We will be putting on a pro pipe and power commander along with the big sucker breather it already has .
He is not interested in doing any head work or increasing the compression .

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have the stage 1 air cleaner, Harley race tuner, and rinehart true duals. Bike runs quick enough for me, but I'm an old fart that no longer has a need for speed. As far as cams go I never really checked into which one would be best.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
H-D has a 2015 Screamin' Eagle Pro Racing Parts catalog out. Check with your local dealer there is some cool stuff in there. I will be getting a Pro Super Tuner that I found in the catalog shortly. Looking at a cam upgrade too. There are endless possibilities.

·
Banned
71 Posts
A good friend of mine wants to wake up his 06 screamin eagle ultra classic and asked me about what size cams would fit in it and I have no experience on the se103 engine so I told him I would ask on here what others have installed and how they worked . We will be putting on a pro pipe and power commander along with the big sucker breather it already has .
He is not interested in doing any head work or increasing the compression .
There is already a set of SE-259E cams in that motor . :biker:

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize it has a set of se cams in it already but his bike is a pooch for being a se103 . Right now it just has a set of true duals w/se mufflers and a big sucker breather. I am going to help him inspect the tensioners and install the power commander and rhinehart two into one . He wants to upgrade the cams while we are at it though .

·
Registered
827 Posts
I might be stating the obvious but it is important to find out specifically what type of performance upgrade we are looking for. Top end, out of the hole, gas mileage. There are many different set-ups which all trade one aspect for another.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
06 SE 103"

That ECM has the abilty to manage O2 sensors, all that needs to be done is add them.
The goal closed loop with a good tune.

So, pick a 2/1 with O2 BUNGS (Pro Pipe is fine). FM e-series with disks lots of potential there.
Power Vision ot TTS for a tuner.
Lots of plus side to that POWERVISION
T-man 555 TQ's, Andrews 57 or ?
Pretty easy to hit 105-110tq/95-100hp

Not sure on his riding style? short shifter or wick twister?

Those T-man 555s run some damn fine numbers.

Or spend a few dollars more and DO the heads $550 or so, .030 hg.
Same cams or maybe ?
A t-man 600SM that will push the curve to the right.

MY .01 worth

My brother runs the last build in the same bike as yours.
His has 32,000 on the build last dyno 119/108
Very smooth easy power everywhere just a killer build for a high test tour bike.

D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts