Harley Davidson Forums banner

Need Advice - '13 - '15 Street/Road Glides

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Wilamantic 
#1 ·
I am looking for some advice/information from recent model year Street Glide or Road Glide riders.
I ride an '07 RK Custom that I bought new in January '07. Before taking delivery I added: an efi stage 1 kit to increase displacement from 96 ci to 103 ci (the kit included SE 255 cams); Rinehart true dual exhaust; Thundermax AutoTuner; Carlini sweep bars and some other aesthetic add-ons. On the dyno my max torque is 101.77 ft/lbs and 85 hp. The bike gets up and goes pretty good.

I am thinking about trading in my ride for a 2014 or 15 Street Glide or Road Glide. Unfortunately I am not able to put the kind of additional money into whatever I end up buying like I did with my Road King - I will be "stuck" with the stock performance package.
The info available so far - at least that I can find - says the '15 Road Glide delivers 104.7 ft/lbs of torque but I cannot find HP info, except for one site that says HP for the '15 Road Glide is 77 HP, which sounds to me incorrect (I would think it would be more).

If anyone out there has put their stock Street Glide or Road Glide with the 103 on the dyno or has other info or observations (how is the stock exhaust, what are the cams and how is low-end torque, etc.) I will sure appreciate hearing it. I am really struggling with whether to just stick with my '07 Road King Custom or trade up. Wish I could do both but I can't.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I dont think that your stage 1 EFI kit upped your displacement from 96 to 103. That is only done with pistons and cylinders.
The torque spec you mentioned is correct for the high output 103 but I do not know the HP.
If you get a new bike you will probably still want to change out the exhaust to get rid of the cat and mufflers. The new air intake is supposed to be good and does not need to be changed. Re flash the ECM and ride it before you make any more changes if you buy a new one.

#5 ·
I don't think that trading up would be a seat of the pants difference to what you have now I did the same thing to my 03 Road King Classic and now after getting a 2014 Street Glide Special it dident have the get up and go I was expecting so I had to do a stage two build to make me happy.
Unless you really want a new scoot to start a project and personalize I would seriously think this one out.
Right from the start you would not be happy with the exhaust note and it goes from there $$$$.
Good luck glad your here lots of good info and stories Mike.

#6 ·
I went from an 03 ultra that had a little tuning work on it, stage one and a tuner that was on there from a previous owner. No issues and the bike ran good. TC 88. I traded for a 2013 RG Ultra last year and its stock with Rinehart slip on's and a decatted headpipe. I'm quite happy with the RG. plenty enough for me stock and the 6th gear. It's a touring bike not a speed bike. I enjoy the ride.
:)

#7 ·
Maybe sticking with what I have

Thanks for the input Mike and Ron. I will take a new Street Glide and Road Glide for a test ride . . . but I am thinking I will probably stick with my 07 Road King. It's a really nice ride and very customized to fit me - both from a performance and style perspective.

#9 ·
Wil... take my advice and don't go test ride those bikes. You will be sorry if you do. They are going to ride so much better than your old bike that you will want it. If you do buy the new bike, I think you will be happy with the hp/tq that you get if you can upgrade the exhaust. Work it out in the deal when you purchase. Then maybe down the road, you can do some work to beef up the performance.

good luck with your decision and let us know what you finally decided.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.