Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and need some advice. I have been racing and riding dirt bikes since I was about four years old. I have my BRC next week and am looking into buying my first bike in the near future. If anyone has any suggestions on which bike I should look more into that would be great. I have been looking at sportsters and heritage softtail. thank you for your help.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

Research. Read everything you can. Visit the HD website to determine models that appeal to you. Go to the dealer and sit on bikes to get a feel for them. After you get your MC license, rent models you are interested in. Nobody can prescribe the best bike for you because everybody is different. You need to narrow your search then make a selection based on your preferences. This is all part of the process of ownership.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y. first I rode dirt bikes as a kid and teen then nothing till I went for my MSF course when I was 42. There are only a few bad habits you'll have to break like trying to stick your foot out in turns or slinging your knee out in turns but other than that it came very easy for me to leave those bad habits behind. I went with a heritage for the looks and the way she felt between my legs. She just spoke to me and that was all I needed. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Welcome from New York. I started riding in the dirt before hitting the street. I feel it is the best way to go. Check out "ride like a pro" videos for great riding tips.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome from the backwoods. My first Harley was a 93 heritage, then I had a couple of Sportys and now back on a heritage. Its all about what is best for you. I find the heritage easier to handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts