Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy pipes and a air cleaner for my 2012 touring , so which is better?
I like the Vance & Hines pipes and the high flow air cleaner,but when i put this stuff on do i need a super tunner or can i get away with a fuelpak from Vance & hines.

:biking:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The fuel pak seems to work for a lot of guys. The only issue that I have with it is that it is dependent upon the input you get from V&H. It doesn't have the same "tweakability" that the SERT or PC/PV has. Of course, it is far less expensive as well.

I just put Jackpot mufflers on my bike. I am VERY happy with them. I like them much better than V%H. I installed the quiet baffle. It is has a nice deep but calm pulse at idle - sort of an old muscle car sound - but wakes up decent when you are hard on the throttle. They're loud enough to know you are on a Harley when you want them to be, but they don't drown out the radio at all when cruising.

Plus they are a bit less common. It seems like 4 out of 5 baggers have V&H mufflers on them.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I'm going to say No to the Fuel pac. Don' waste your money. Damn, I just sold mine for $100bucks. If you're just doing a stage 1 upgrade (high flow pipes and air cleaner) you don't need anything as my 05 Electra Glide had, but your big ass engine with a cat may be totaly different.

I ended up replacing my Cam chain tentioner and happened to aquire a cam for cheap that was the next size up from stock (SE301 Cam) and also aquired a V&H Fuelpac for cheap and installed it as well. The engine always ran a little wierd at 1500 to 2500 rpm range and V&H couldn't get it dialed in. A buddy at Columbia HD in Vancouver WA. said to get rid of it and let him do a stage 1 ECM program flash. Since then, the bike runs much better, has more power and milage is the same as before the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts