Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Life is GOOD
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well once again stuck with a major problem. Went through the spring break bleeding process today on the Heritage and ran into the same problem again. It says clearly on both fluid reservoirs to use DOT 4 fluid from a sealed container. Try as hard as I can, I still wind up having to open the container. I was wondering if anyone had the secret solution to keeping it sealed and get the fluid out.
Really this is just a reminder to clean the winter time crud out of your brakes.I had Lots of condensation which gave me soft pedal and lever until the fluid got hot then the pressure built up and caused brake drag. Fresh fluid makes everything feel so good

·
Yea, real tough guy.
194 Posts
:rollin:rollin:rollin

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
LMAO....... thats funny..
Just today I opened up a new speed sensor that was wrapped in plastic and a big arz sticker on it saying not to remove from the plastic as it could cause damage due to static electric.....
So I thought the same thing... How the heck do you use it then???? Took my chances..:rollin:rollin As an option you could poke a hole in the bottom or side of the brake fluid container??? Of course then you would need to call a haz mat team to cean up the spill :laugh

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Yeah, it made me look twice.:think

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
Nice one. Had me hook line and stinker.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Took a minute... :laugh.... McFly!!!