Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a bump in the road now wont start will crank but wont start. Computer shows no codes but i unhooked battery to charge. Think i cleared codes. Help need to get back in the wind..

·
Retired citizen
23,398 Posts
Keep us updated. So the bump shut the engine down and now it won't restart ? And no codes ?
I have a 2000 FXDL on one of my lifts right now trying to figure out why it doesn't have spark to the plugs. It has a hacked electrical wire harness that I'm piecing back together ... pain in the ass !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep us updated. So the bump shut the engine down and now it won't restart ? And no codes ?
I have a 2000 FXDL on one of my lifts right now trying to figure out why it doesn't have spark to the plugs. It has a hacked electrical wire harness that I'm piecing back together ... pain in the ass !
Yea thats what mine is doin no spark plz keep me updated

·
Retired citizen
23,398 Posts
Check the electrical section stickys for pulling up codes, helps big time for diagnostics.

·
Retired citizen
23,398 Posts
I hit a bump in the road now wont start will crank but wont start. Computer shows no codes but i unhooked battery to charge. Think i cleared codes. Help need to get back in the wind..
My electrical diagnostic manual states that if the battery is disconnected to follow procedure. Run switch off, toggle ignition on - off - on - off - on then push the left directional switch twice and turn the ignition off. The procedure might need to be repeated.
I tried it on the FXDL I'm working on and that didn't work for me but it might for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts