Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 FXSTC and I am trying to learn as much about my bike as I can, so far it has been a great experience.

I decided to replace my S&S teardrop air-filter with a new Arlen Ness 90 degree filter setup - namely: Arlen Ness 81-000 Air Filter 90deg Big Twin'93up w/CV Carb or w/Dephi EFI (exc TBW'08up) Black.

The issue I am having is, the new filter setup has gone one smoothly but I am left with the two breather hoses that were attached to the bracket bolts in the head.
Can I simply remove the 'T' join (there are two hoses one to each bolt from a T joint) and make one single hose to vent into the Atmosphere?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I do not know what to do from here :)
Check out the photo. http://naughtyrobot.com.au/uploads/1.jpg

Cheers
Whisper

·
Retired citizen
22,074 Posts
Both rocker boxes need to be vented. However you do it the hoses should vent into the AC so the vapor goes into the intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks heaps for replying.

So.. the new AC I got, the bolts don't have any facility to act as a vent? So I am unsure how to plumb the tubes to the AC (it has no fittings for this etc.)
Someone told me to simply run the hose to the underside of the engine, I was not sure so needed to ask for advice :)

Is there another option?

/EDIT

I just found this info:

Our Monster Sucker 90° air cleaner kit features a massive forward facing filter design and our patented hidden breather backing plate for maximum performance gains
Our patented hidden breather technology are o-ringed at the heads and exist out the mouth of the injector/carb to provide efficient engine breathing, eliminating the need for any external hoses or hardware

Does this mean I can simply remove those hoses?

·
Retired citizen
22,074 Posts
Also remove the stock bolts the hoses are attached to. Use the new supplied bolts to secure the new back plate to the heads, wipe a bit of engine oil on the o-rings too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts