Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and to the Harley world. I'm having a bit of a problem with my bike. Its an 03 100th anni road glide.. recently i found out the inner ring on my rear belt pulley fell off of the pully. the part that is only swagged on. Im having trouble finding a part number to look up to see what pulley is compatible with my year/model. Has anyone experienced this before with their pulley? is there a fix i can do instead of replacing the whole pulley? or does anyone know the part number i should be looking for? all help is appreciated!

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Welcome to the forum , you may want to post your question in the touring section some one will be more likely to help you there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum , you may want to post your question in the touring section some one will be more likely to help you there.
Sorry about that.. Ill copy and paste this post into the touring section. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need help with correct part # or a fix

hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and to the Harley world. I'm having a bit of a problem with my bike. Its an 03 100th anni road glide.. recently i found out the inner ring on my rear belt pulley fell off of the pully. the part that is only swagged on. Im having trouble finding a part number to look up to see what pulley is compatible with my year/model. Has anyone experienced this before with their pulley? is there a fix i can do instead of replacing the whole pulley? or does anyone know the part number i should be looking for? all help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Buy the HD parts manual! It pays for itself in no time.

Why do I get the feeling Brian knew that number off the top of his head? :rofl:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone.. so dealership wants 230 for new pulley.. I want to buy used but having a hard time searching with part number because everyone posts the casting number thinking its the same as a part number.. to my understanding the only years compatible with my bike are 00-03 am i correct? Im seeing alot of people put up 70th 1 1/2" pulleys and state they are compatible for 1998-02 or something.. Ive had two people advise me not to just heat up the ring and snap it back onto the pulley but i dont see the risk involved!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts