Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the insert on my passenger floorboard was starting to come out... So I looked at it and it was barely on there... What can I use to "glue" the insert back in... It looks like the moco used something... Thank you in advance for your help.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1439779020.840910.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1439779032.995905.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1439779047.085211.jpg

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I`m thinking they are meant to be replaceable.
Maybe a clear silicone based adhesive of some sort?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,958 Posts
Doesn't look like they used very much adhesive when they were initially assembled. I agree with Fred on the adhesive, but you might want to be a tad more liberal than the original try at sticking the two surfaces together.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's why I asked... Because I didn't see much... But it does not stay in there on its own

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Mine are held in by the little rubber tits on the bottom. No glue required. Make sure yours have not ripped off.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Looks like contact cement to me.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine are held in by the little rubber tits on the bottom. No glue required. Make sure yours have not ripped off.

This is the passenger floor boards not the driver... The passenger floor boards are a lil different

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,958 Posts
You're right, Mike. The main boards have the balls that push through openings in the metal part so you can replace with the more expensive chrome and black version. Passenger boards are fastened with adhesive.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I don't remember any adhesive used during assembly of the passenger boards. They look "loose", when installed correctly.

·
American
28,662 Posts
Looked like water on bike and floor ?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
American
28,662 Posts

·
The Angry One