Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2001 custom softail. Everything on it is harley except the frame. It's a aftermarket frame. And I'm having a heck of a time finding a insurance company since the vin is not a Harley vin. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thank you

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
Patience. At least give him a couple days. Some people have a life.

If he doesn't come back by then, phuck 'im.

I'm just here for the beer.
Oh well, I'm not real patient when it comes to people asking for help and they never reply. Stuff like this gives me a reason to drink more Budweiser...:)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,050 Posts
Oh well, I'm not real patient when it comes to people asking for help and they never reply. Stuff like this gives me a reason to drink more Budweiser...:)

You need a reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
Not sure if this will work but there should be an Abbreviated VIN on engine. If you find that, maybe you can call the dealer and get the rest. The first part should be 1HD1 then depending on your model:

BH= FXST
BJ =FLST AND FLSTC
BK= FXSTC

Check this site for more info:

https://www.techsweb.us/hdvin2001.html

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
That's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovel
Not sure if this will work but there should be an Abbreviated VIN on engine. If you find that, maybe you can call the dealer and get the rest. The first part should be 1HD1 then depending on your model:

BH= FXST
BJ =FLST AND FLSTC
BK= FXSTC

Check this site for more info:

https://www.techsweb.us/hdvin2001.html
That's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovel are Delkron cases. It's a custom made bike. Not actual HD Numbers or letters in Vin. The designating letters on my title are not Had letters.

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
That's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovelThat's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovel are Delkron cases. It's a custom made bike. Not actual HD Numbers or letters in Vin. The designating letters on my title are not HD letters.

Edited

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
That's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovelThat's not necessarily true. The cases on my shovel are Delkron cases. It's a custom made bike. Not actual HD Numbers or letters in Vin. The designating letters on my title are not Had letters.

Beam,
I don’t even know why we are making an effort to help. Don’t seem like he’s coming back for an answer. Good to know info though. At least I learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
My shovel has 2 letters and 5 numbers in the vin. Make is HD, model is left blank. This is where designating letters such as, FLSTC, would be. The
Beam,
I don’t even know why we are making an effort to help. Don’t seem like he’s coming back for an answer. Good to know info though. At least I learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My shovel has 2 letters and 5 numbers in the vin. Make is HD, model is left blank. This is where designating letters such as, FLSTC, would be. The current Harley's have a 17 digit Vin. Custom bikes are nothing like today's factory bikes as far as Vin identification goes. I can see where getting one licensed and titled could be a problem. I had trouble with the insurance people because the girl wanted designating letters. The original title had XLT, this is left blank on the new title, not sure why. When I gave the girl the XLT letters, she was dumbfounded. She said I don't see that in here. I explained it was a custom bike and she wouldn't find what she was looking for. She said well, I have to call the insurance company to see what to do. It finally got worked out. Have to be careful buying a custom built bike because of getting it registered, and licensed, could be difficult.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts