Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a quart of oil to top off things off, but am 50 miles from the dealership. Not sure what brand (or if its synthetic) is in there now as I just purchased it and haven't changed the oil yet.

Any issues riding to the dealership this low on oil? Or should I head out the the local Autozone/VIP and get something..... thanks for any insights.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
If really a full qt.low I would get some 20/50 motorcycle oil at an auto parts store, don't over fill, check hot.

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
You can always dump a quart of Rotella in there to get you by.

·
Banned
482 Posts
You can always dump a quart of Rotella in there to get you by.
Why do you say Rotella specifically? You can dump "almost" anything in there to go short distance. But I'd just change the oil completely anyway. Who knows how long it's been in there let alone what kind.

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
Why do you say Rotella specifically? You can dump "almost" anything in there to go short distance. But I'd just change the oil completely anyway. Who knows how long it's been in there let alone what kind.
Just off the top of my head the diesel oil brand readily available. Diesel oil is a substitute according to Harley manuals. Can't believe I'm defending my comment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts