Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It depends on the complaints.

Is it not wide enough? (you don't have to answer that! :) )

Or is it just causing discomfort in general?

You can buy a Mustang seat that is wider.

There is also a company out there that will re-build your stock seat and fit it with gel and/or memory foam. They can also move the rider around a bit if you are interested.

I can't remember the name of the company for the life of me. Someone will sound off soon who it is.

·
Stuck in Traffic
130 Posts
I would recommend checking out Corbin as well. My wife hated the stock seat on mine, but can ride for hours on the Corbin. Their customer service is excellent as well, always very friendly and helpful.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Have a Sundowner on my SG & my wife loves it! I like how I can reposition & sink down into the seat on long rides.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
HowardH
109 Posts
What type Mustang seat

It seems the consensus is a Mustang seat as the favorite. What type of Mustang seat do or did you have. Was it a Touring or a Tripper?
I'm considering a replacement for my stock seat and I like the look of the Tripper better than the touring for my bike. Any comments on the comfort of a Tripper vs. a Touring seat? How's the seating position on either vs. the stock seat? Thanks for your comments.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
I had a Mustang Classic Touring seat. It was a good seat but it took a while to break it in. I have been riding on a Harley Sundowner seat for three years now. I like it a lot. It's big, cushy, and it has a very wide and thick passenger seat too. I like it a lot better than the Mustang seat.

Pete

Have a 2006 heritage and my old lady been complaining about her seat. Which way should I go? memory foam or gel seat? Any ideas on the best supplier?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I have been looking at seats as well, torn between a Mustang or the Sundowner. I want something more comfortable for both me and my wife and as well as look good.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
The Sundowner is the most comfortable seat that I have ever had on a bike. Mustang makes a good quality seat. It is just a bit too firm for my liking. The Sundowner was about half the price of a Mustang seat and it is plenty big enough for the guy up front and the lady on the back.

Pete

I have been looking at seats as well, torn between a Mustang or the Sundowner. I want something more comfortable for both me and my wife and as well as look good.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
The Sundowner is the most comfortable seat that I have ever had on a bike. Mustang makes a good quality seat. It is just a bit too firm for my liking. The Sundowner was about half the price of a Mustang seat and it is plenty big enough for the guy up front and the lady on the back.

Pete
+1.....

·
Registered
284 Posts
My Mustang seat is a touring seat. I went with a solo seat and a passenger seat because I wanted to sit farther back (I'm 6'2"). My wife bought me a Sundowner from HD, but it pushed me forward so I returned it. I talked to a rep at Mustang and he recommended the solo with a passenger seat added vs a one piece (because it moved me further from the tank). Plus it gives me the versatility to run solo only.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts