Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm new to the forums and to owning a harley. I just bought the 2014 dyna switchback, which I love! Recent purchases include la pera solo bare bones forward reach seat (only 5'3), VH slash 2 into 1 slip ons, and screaming eagle low profile performance air cleaner...all of which I had intended on installing myself. Plus, I would like to remove the passenger foot pegs. We'll got the seat on but could only use the furthest bolt on the bracket from the Harley set screw. Is that normal? Tried every other possibility and nothing worked. Tried to remove the passenger pegs and couldnt. Worried more about exhuaust and air filter installation. Help! Any and all advice appreciated!

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
If it is a solo seat, then it should of came with a second bracket that mounts in between the original hole and the back of the has tank... You install it by screwing it on to the 2 bolts.

The passenger pegs should be allen wrenches they may be torqued on a bit tight.

The slips on will require the use of a rubber mallet so that u can whack them sons of b's into place...there are plenty of youtube videos to show u how just search install slip ons harley

Welcome.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I have never used a hammer to install slip ons.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If you spray a little penetrating oil at the union, you work them on by hand. I usually twist them on. No need to hammer.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Lets see some pics. when ya get that bare-bones seat installed . should look killer with the bags & windshield off the bike .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I have never used a hammer to install slip ons.
Nicole's guns may be a slightly smaller caliber than those cannons. :D

Welcome from Baton Rouge, Nicole!!

Lube and leverage are your friends. Many of the fasteners on Harleys are installed with Loc-tite. And it's a good idea for you to remember to use it as well.

--

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
High temp copper coat helps with install/remove and sealing of slip ons. IMOP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the seat on but could only use one of the two bolts. If I used the rear bolt it lifted the bracket too high off the fender. One should plus the stock should be enough right? Still trying to find short enough star sockets for the passenger peg removal. Also noticed the chain guard is attached to the passenger peg. So trying to find some sort of replacement bracket for that. Haven't attempted exhaust or air cleaner yet. Loving the bike though! And it's nice to actually have both feet flat on the ground now!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicole's guns may be a slightly smaller caliber than those cannons. :D

Welcome from Baton Rouge, Nicole!!

Lube and leverage are your friends. Many of the fasteners on Harleys are installed with Loc-tite. And it's a good idea for you to remember to use it as well.

--
Bahahaha! Thanks for the tips!

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
You need to replace the belt side foot peg bracket with another Harley part - I know you've found the info on the FLD forum now though ;)

·
Hard Member
3,240 Posts
She might need some help from the experts here, Cali guys sound off and help her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts