Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just got my tour pack and primered lower fairings back from the paint shop and I gotta say "WOW!" The did a great job.

I had to disassemble the tour pack to get it ready for paint. In this process I had to pull the sticker of of the tour pack lid (It says "classic" ) The sticker came off nice and now that I have the tour pack back from paint I called the Harley shop to see what my options were for a new sticker. Well, I have several choices but they all range around $30.00 per measly sticker.

I'd like to just glue the "classic" sticker back on but I don't have any glue except Elmers at the house.

Any suggestions on a glue to use? The sticker is a metallic type sticker and I will be applying it right back where it was on the new paint.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40,763 Posts
If its thin metal, you can use contact cement. I had to use that on my tank console... that piece that goes around the ignition switch, as it was coming loose when I bought it and got tired of waiting for the shop to get the new sticker on warranty. If its a thicker metal, try using silicone adhesive.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
Contact cement would be hard to put on thin, many auto parts houses will have some spray adhesive, 3M I think, it might say upholstery and trim adhesive.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's paper thin metal film. Contact cement would work with a thicker piece I think but the spray adhesive may be the ticket. I'll check the Advance Auto Pep Napa Zone today.

Thanks for all the input. I'll post progress and pics afterwards

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went and purchased some Permatex spray adhesive for 5 bucks. One shot of the sticky stuff on the back of the sitcker and VIOLA!

Thanks for the suggestions and help; I think it turned out pretty good

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts