Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so late last fall I put on Kuryakyn Dually Offset ISO highway pegs. Don't like them at all. I guess it is the "Dually Offset" part of them that has my feet on the highway pegs so far out from the engine guards. Too far out for me, not at all comfortable. I am 6' tall, maybe if I was taller I would appreciate the offset but as far as I am concerned they are useless. Whenever I get around to taking a pic I will list them for sale at a good price.

So what do I need? Been looking at Kuryakyn ISO-Pegs with clamps, they have both a Large and a small but the pics look almost identical. Also looking at their Dually ISO-Pegs with clamps--I guess the "Dually" part is the larger area for your foot, more than just the round pegs. And I noticed HD has "short angle pegs that don't have an offset and they might be OK. I guess I'm looking for something that keeps my foot as close as possible to the engine guard rather than several inches out from the guards.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Joe, I have my pegs mounted directly on the engine guard, using the Harley base clamp as the primary (and only) mount. My pegs are the Slipstream pegs that were the original passenger pegs on a 2012 Street Glide. You may already have a set on your bike, and I don't think you use them, right?

My setup is perfect for me. I can put my feet all the way up on them for a change of position, but most of the time I ride with my heels on the footboards and the balls of my feet on the highway pegs. Very comfortable as the miles just melt away.

--

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Joe; I'm a mid control guy, but find Highway pegs to be a welcome addition about 3/4 of the way through a tank of fuel. I have my Electra Glide highway pegs mounted so I can either put my whole foot on them, or rest my heels on the footboard and toes on the pegs. I really don't care for the "Gynecologist stirrup" position that many favor.
I have replaced my passenger footboards with Street Glide passenger pegs, and use them as much as my forward pegs.

Damn Silverback, we think a lot alike, at the same time!!

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
:thumb

Not the first time, either! I'm all about what works.

--

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Dave, I never noticed those on your bike, but sounds like a great idea. Need to take a harder look next time I see you.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, I have my pegs mounted directly on the engine guard, using the Harley base clamp as the primary (and only) mount. My pegs are the Slipstream pegs that were the original passenger pegs on a 2012 Street Glide. You may already have a set on your bike, and I don't think you use them, right?

My setup is perfect for me. I can put my feet all the way up on them for a change of position, but most of the time I ride with my heels on the footboards and the balls of my feet on the highway pegs. Very comfortable as the miles just melt away.

--
Just got back from a great ride, time to get off the roads around here as all the idiots going to Thunder over Louisville are clogging the roads. Dave and Breeze3at, thank you both for your replies. And Dave you are correct that I normally don't have any use for my passenger pegs, but I better not remove them cause once in a while my better half will get on the bike--usually to a local bike night where we can eat dinner there and she doesn't have to cook after a hard day on a golf course somewhere. Besides, never know when I might run into a fair maiden needing/wanting a ride.

I like your idea of using a highway peg as more of a place to put the ball of my foot on and keep my heel on the footboard. Will shop for just a clamp and suitable peg, may stay with Kuryakyn and their Dually/wider peg.

Thanks all!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Pete, that looks pretty close to the way I have mine set up. Can use it independently or with the floorboard with my gunboat feet.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic of my highway pegs. My size 10's bridge the gap just fine, or I can use the whole peg.

I must have sneezed or sumptin' when I snapped the pic.
Breeze, what kind/brand clamp is that? Looks like it comes off the engine guard a few inches back towards the rider rather than having your foot rest right next to the engine guard--but not sure due to the angle of your pic. If it comes back towards the rider a couple of inches or so that would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Breeze, what kind/brand clamp is that? Looks like it comes off the engine guard a few inches back towards the rider rather than having your foot rest right next to the engine guard--but not sure due to the angle of your pic. If it comes back towards the rider a couple of inches or so that would be ideal for me.
The brackets are HD #50830-07A, short angled chrome @ $120 pr. not including pegs. They are pricey, but also very unobtrusive looking and almost infinitely adjustable. They also make a longer one.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The brackets are HD #50830-07A, short angled chrome @ $120 pr. not including pegs. They are pricey, but also very unobtrusive looking and almost infinitely adjustable. They also make a longer one.
Breeze, HD 50830-07A is one I was looking at as a possibility. Thank you for the info and pic--I like the looks of yours.

Yeah, HD lists them for $119.95. But...., Kutter HD has them listed at $99. Don't know about freight. They didn't charge me shipping on the HD shocks I recently got from them so maybe if I find HD foot pegs to go with the mounts I can get free shipping.

Thanks again!

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Here is what I have tons of different adjustments. ImageUploadedByMO Free1429399883.629746.jpg

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I use these because I'm cheap.

1429409072426.jpg

But there are nicer ones available, similar to these (billet)

1429409223384.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts